News:

• April 25, 2024, 03:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Removel of Cox 09 glow head  (Read 401 times)

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Removel of Cox 09 glow head
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:16:59 PM »

What is the best way to get this glow head to come out?  I've tried heat with a mono coat gun, and no luck.  Am I heating the liner with the head so it will not remove..   I sure can use the right answer, thanks
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
Re: Removel of Cox 09 glow head
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 04:03:56 PM »
Hello The head is easily damaged if you do not use the proper cox wrench/spanner and even then it can get stuck between the fins. Think you need more heat then a mono coat gun can offer concentrated on the cylinder fins.
Regards Gerald

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 04:29:22 PM »
Heat the entire cylinder/glowplug with a palm-sized mini-torch, and then chill the plug with a chunk of ice or a blast from a spray solvent to shrink the glowplug.
Still no movement? You may need to make up a motor mount to clamp the motor down for better purchase...preferably in a vice (the motor mount, not the engine).
If you heat the engine with a bigger source of heat, you may need to wrap your venturi body with a cool, wet rag.

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 05:00:22 AM »
           I hold the cylinder with a rubber strap wrench. The plumber at work had dozens of them laying all over the place and I should've taken them all. They came with the brass and chrome  fixtures to install them and then they dispose of them. It's very small and it was made by Sloan. It has worked very well to hold cylinders with no wrench flats while using the spanner wrench. If you know a plumber it doesn't hurt to ask as they were just disposable tools.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here