News:

• May 03, 2024, 05:20:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Randy's New Quiet Pipe  (Read 563 times)

Offline Ron King

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Randy's New Quiet Pipe
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:16:12 AM »
When I posted this picture in the topic about wing covers, I realized I had a good shot of Randy's new pipe.

He calls it his "Quiet Pipe" and claims it's 3db quieter than his regular pipe. I've only got a dozen flights on this one and I'm not a sound engineer - but this pipe is definitely quieter and pretty cool looking to boot.  :##

This first question you will ask when you get one is, "How did he get that DuBro rubber stinger in there?". The second question you will ask is, "Will it stay?". I called Randy as soon as I got mine and asked those very same questions. He has molded some ridges into the carbon back piece to hold the stinger. It can be removed and replaced, but it's not an easy job. You probably won't have to do this for a long, long time, so just enjoy the quieter sound and go flying.

As you can see from the picture, the new pipe is about 1/4" longer from the baffle to the back end. I had to open up my pipe cavity just a tad for clearance. If you are in the middle of building a new ship, just add a little more length and you will be fine.

Take care,

Ron
Ron King
AMA AVP District 4
Wannabe Stunt Pilot since 1963
 Amateurs practice until they get it right; Pros practice until they cannot get it wrong.

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Randy's New Quiet Pipe
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 09:06:56 AM »
Oh! Thats cool!  I need to get one! <=
Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here