News:

• May 03, 2024, 02:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I Can't be the First Guy to Do This  (Read 918 times)

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
I Can't be the First Guy to Do This
« on: November 23, 2018, 09:04:16 AM »
Some shop innovations are too obvious. Please tell me somebody has done this before:

I really like remote needles when practical. I have a lot of them laying about because I've converted a lot of OS engines from R/C. Yesterday I was setting up a profile flapped ship grabbed an LA46 to convert over to CL.  I was getting ready to swap out the backplate and I had an idea. Installed a venturi and a ST spray bar. Took the needle and used the Dremel to cut off the tapered part. Threaded the remainder into the spray bar about .250, cinched down the collet and then cut off the excess. Connected fuel line from remote NVA to the spray bar. Done.

Anybody else tried this?

AMA 76478

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: I Can't be the First Guy to Do This
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 09:13:50 AM »
  Rather than waste a good ST needle valve, just plug that end with epoxy. Make sure you can still get the nut off. Then, if you want to reuse the spray bar, heating lightly with a torch of some kind will burn out the epoxy. ST needles are getting hard to find and expensive! And with epoxy you could use any old OS spray bars or other brands. be sure to allow for spray bar diameter when picking venturi size.
    Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 11:07:58 AM »
See if you can find some OS spraybars made for the task, and then you won't have to drill out the crank case.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 05:55:45 PM »
I've the same thing, but it was with *gasp* Cox product engines.

Mark

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here