News:

• May 22, 2024, 03:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PA Ultralight .40/Merliln  (Read 693 times)

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
PA Ultralight .40/Merliln
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:09:35 PM »
Hey Randy,

I'm finally going to use my ultralight .40 in my new Gypsy (really new, its still in pieces).

I'm now hearing about the Merlin .40.  Are these the same engine?  Same size but different "something"?  Should I look into updating my unrun .40 before I do anything with it?

Ted

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: PA Ultralight .40/Merliln
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »
Hey Randy,

I'm finally going to use my ultralight .40 in my new Gypsy (really new, its still in pieces).

I'm now hearing about the Merlin .40.  Are these the same engine?  Same size but different "something"?  Should I look into updating my unrun .40 before I do anything with it?

Ted

Hi Ted

You have a Merlin series ultra lite  PA 40 , They are one in the same, yours will work very well in that setup, Use the small 8 or 9 mm  silicone exhaust deflector on the header muffler or use the slide on tube muffler, Both are flying in many many Classic planes.  And as always please call or  email if you have any questions.
Are you going to have this at VSC? or just starting the buiild?

Regards
Randy

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: PA Ultralight .40/Merliln
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »
randy,

The plan was to have it ready for VSC but that's really not going to happen.  If it works well I might fly it at the nats just for a change of pace.  A lot of us have been saying for a long time that the smaller classic ships with modern engines are pretty darn competitive machines and could prove to give performance competitive with the modern stuff.  I just might give it a shot.

thanks for the word on the engine.  It sure is pretty with that slip on muffler.

Ted

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here