News:

• April 24, 2024, 04:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS Pet .099 Restoration  (Read 618 times)

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
OS Pet .099 Restoration
« on: October 17, 2018, 10:53:57 PM »
Recently I purchased an OS Pet .099 from E-Bay. It was a little grungy and locked up frozen from Castor oil residues. I partially disassembled it, cooked it in antifreeze, which softened the Castor and allowed me to extract the steel cylinder and further disassemble.

The prop drive washer's key was damaged apparently by a past attempt to turn the engine over by a propeller mounted while locked up as it was. It spins freely. Fortunately, a gentleman in Canada had NOS parts, so I picked up a drive washer, screw set and gaskets. I also had an NOS muffler I picked up a couple months ago.

It has like new compression, apparently is a low time engine. With a little cleaning and polishing TLC, now I have a decent runner. This is the last iteration of the Pet .099 from the 1960's. It's cylinder liner looks similar to an Enya .09-III cylinder liner, especially how the bypass ports are cut into it.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: OS Pet .099 Restoration
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »
Nice!
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here