News:

• April 18, 2024, 11:11:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS Max 45FSR NVA  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
OS Max 45FSR NVA
« on: August 19, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »
I have an R/C version of the OS Max 45 FSR with the R/C carb wired open. It has served me well for many years, but the carb is worn out. I'd like to replace it with the proper NVA, but I can't determine which one will fit. Did a lot of research, but haven't found the answer. Can you guys steer me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Paul

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: OS Max 45FSR NVA
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
AHA , He's Not Aftyer a OS Needle , nercosarilly . :P

Some ST ones Center , But are a tight shove .

The real OS ones are pretty rare .

The OS Max 40 S & FSR 40 , along with Max C 35 intakes match .

mEASURE aCROSS THE INTAKE , TAKE HALF , AND SPECIFY   >:( for ' flange to hole ' , on a aero products or similar .
ps might be the Merco NVAs that are a mighty tight squeeze .

Custom , Mr Hunt & colleges went for from .275 to .318 Venturies , for the FSR 40s . typically .285 to .310.
with .318 for his Xe 12x5W 11 in three blade at the 78? World Chumps .

If you trip over a pile of the Factory intakes , the FSR are taller than the 60s/70s Max S , Lemme know .
They can be whittled / honed out from there .280 / 265 . Came in Two Bores , in the long & short ones .

A lotta dudes use a ' sealing ' washer Ea Side on a spray Bar - so that gives you some leeway .

Incidently , What muffler do you run . And What aeroplane . Not many FSR s running in P A these days .
Ive Gotta Genuwine 40FSR-S & a bitsa Magnum / OS 45 . Spare Sleeve/Piston assys'd be handy .
The Royal 45 Clone has earliest closing on the Shaft , so likely best option .

Where Were We . . . NEEDLE VALVES !  :-X

Offline Mike Bufkin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 06:09:17 AM »
shtterman on Ebay will have what you need.Randy Smith our moderator here will have them also.
Mike

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 02:16:03 PM »
I have an R/C version of the OS Max 45 FSR with the R/C carb wired open. It has served me well for many years, but the carb is worn out. I'd like to replace it with the proper NVA, but I can't determine which one will fit. Did a lot of research, but haven't found the answer. Can you guys steer me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul

The  OLD  OS  NVA  from the  late 1970s  will  work
The  ENYA  60 NVA  will work
The  ST  60 NVA  will work
The  PA  NVA  will work

most any needle that has a  .157 diameter  spraybar  will  work OK, if they are  wide enough
The  OS 46 LA  and  FP  will  NOT work , The ones on EBAY   for the  FP  LA35,40,46   are  the OS  20 FP size  and are TOO smal

Randy

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 04:03:26 PM »
Hi Paul

The  OLD  OS  NVA  from the  late 1970s  will  work
The  ENYA  60 NVA  will work
The  ST  60 NVA  will work
The  PA  NVA  will work

most any needle that has a  .157 diameter  spraybar  will  work OK, if they are  wide enough
The  OS 46 LA  and  FP  will  NOT work , The ones on EBAY   for the  FP  LA35,40,46   are  the OS  20 FP size  and are TOO smal

Randy

Thank you Randy. That is exactly what I was looking for. I'll be contacting you soon to see if you have one in stock.

Paul

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 10:12:06 PM »
Got the old yardstick out , and measured the case . 0.698 " odd . or 0.7 to you and me .

That means .350 flange to ole .

The Randy Ones have the Nut on the ' other end ' , so you can remove without altering setting . And I think theyre a Fine Thread .

General rigmorol on Venturie was 1 " tall & 5 Deg. Taper , if your having a few knocked up .

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here