News:

• September 20, 2024, 09:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS LA .65  (Read 750 times)

Offline AirClassix

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
OS LA .65
« on: September 05, 2018, 09:26:13 PM »
OK, many folks here love the LA .46.  Anyone try the LA .65 for stunt?

Dennis.
all ears here ...
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OS LA .65
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:49:30 PM »
When I asked that question, Randy convinced me that at 18.87 oz. it was too porky to bother with it. Unless you had a very short-nosed airplane in mind, and it is probably still suboptimal. You don't get the weight back just by shortening the nose. The weight quoted was given in the manual for the R/C version, but didn't say if it included the muffler. Although I've heard there was a factory control line version, I couldn't find it listed on the OS website.

But if it ran perfectly, wouldn't a special airframe be just the ticket?  A friend converted an R/C 3-D funfly ARF into a control line plane. The geometry for that might suit an LA65.

Dave

Offline Steve Helmick

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OS LA .65
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 11:47:08 PM »
John Hall told me that a .60FP he bench ran vibrated like bejeebers, and I wouldn't expect the .65LA to be any different.  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags: