News:

• April 25, 2024, 02:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS Jetstream Silencer  (Read 627 times)

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
OS Jetstream Silencer
« on: October 19, 2018, 11:51:18 AM »
I am currently using an OS Jetstream "Silencer"  on my 35s.  I want to find something that will direct the exhaust away from the plane.  Is there an insert/outsert that will fit on the end somehow or is there a replacement that has some way to attach a deflector (I have one of those).  My cowling does not have room for a strapon and a tongue will still slime the plane.

Any thoughts or is this just one of those times you say "sh**" and move on?

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OS Jetstream Silencer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 06:10:52 PM »

If memory serves, and sometime it don't, there was an extention on some of those mufflers that would move it out from the side of the model so that it wouldn't "goober up" the side too much, again I can be wrong...
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OS Jetstream Silencer
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:02:32 PM »
  If memory serves, and sometime it don't, there was an extention on some of those mufflers that would move it out from the side of the model so that it wouldn't "goober up" the side too much, again I can be wrong...

I think I have the extension.  About 1/2" or so.  Now it goobers the wing and stab.  I want one that leaves a pipe puddle on the circle instead of slimming my plane!  I have thought about drilling out a OS 30xx series and running all thread through it to the engine or just replacing it with an OS46.  I hear the ARF nobler does quite well with them after you rebuild the nose.

Thanks for responding, I was beginning to think that the OS35s was being disrespected again!

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here