News:

• March 29, 2024, 12:39:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS gasoline glow plugs - Glow G5 Gas Plug: GGT15  (Read 600 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
OS gasoline glow plugs - Glow G5 Gas Plug: GGT15
« on: November 28, 2021, 07:07:39 PM »
I don't know if this is old news but I came across these OS Glow G5 Gas Plug: GGT15 that supposed to run gasoline/oil fuel. They are not cheap ($18 per plug from Tower). They say you can't use them with nitro fuel. Anyone try these yet?

I wonder if you run a high rpm/low pitch set up it could work and really cut the cost of fuel. Also, would cut down on the amount of fuel needed per flight (like half what is needed with low nitro fuel). Interesting cause this would reduce flying weight and CG shift.

Best,   DennisT

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: OS gasoline glow plugs - Glow G5 Gas Plug: GGT15
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 08:28:06 PM »
Wondr if youd need Av Gas .  VD~ LL~ S?P

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
Re: OS gasoline glow plugs - Glow G5 Gas Plug: GGT15
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 11:22:35 PM »
I don't know if this is old news but I came across these OS Glow G5 Gas Plug: GGT15 that supposed to run gasoline/oil fuel. They are not cheap ($18 per plug from Tower). They say you can't use them with nitro fuel. Anyone try these yet?

I wonder if you run a high rpm/low pitch set up it could work and really cut the cost of fuel. Also, would cut down on the amount of fuel needed per flight (like half what is needed with low nitro fuel). Interesting cause this would reduce flying weight and CG shift.

Best,   DennisT
     Even if it does work well, I think you will be woefully disappointed in the power output on gasoline/oil mixtures. It will produce 20% less power than straight methanol/oil., and 25%-30% less than 5% to 15% nitro fuel that most are running for sport/stunt. It also runs considerably hotter and likely would require reduced compression due to the flame speed and the lack of vaporization cooling of gasoline.
     But hey; if you try it, let us know how it worked out.
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here