News:

• April 25, 2024, 12:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS 46LA Venturi - oring size  (Read 750 times)

Online Mike Quinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
OS 46LA Venturi - oring size
« on: June 02, 2022, 07:43:10 AM »
Hi

I’ve probably got more important things to worry about, like learning to fly the schedule, but ... anyone know the correct size for OS46LA Venturi orings.  9mm (ID) x 1mm seem to work but I suspect 9mm x 1.2mm may be closer.

These things are typically made to standard sizes if I understand correctly,  I mean OS are just going to buy them in right.  Can’t see a matching close US standard and the Japanese standard seems to same as the be metric standard anyway. 

Cheers

Mike

PS just asking as I’d rather buy 20 for £5 than 1 for £5 if you know what I mean.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OS 46LA Venturi - oring size
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 08:33:18 AM »
   I don't know the metric equivalent, I just put on what fits! The diameter of the material is more important that the overall OD I think. It should go on the venturi without too much stretch, and then compress just a bit to create the seal when installed. , If there is anything left of the original, let that be your guide as far as thickness.
 Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OS 46LA Venturi - oring size
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 08:35:00 AM »
If you're using a stock venturi or carb then something x 1mm seems to be right.  I've used a few different IDs, either in my quest to figure this out or to go flying that day.

Sometimes folks will make a venturi that takes an inch-standard O-ring, so if the parts aren't stock, assemble them without a gasket and see how wide the groove is, then go with the flow.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here