Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS 32f  (Read 408 times)

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
OS 32f
« on: September 19, 2022, 04:19:11 PM »
I had one that crashed broke mount. Very good runner. Trying to locate another. Are these nickel or chrome cylinder? Or ringed. Or both. If both how do you tell one from the other when looking at picture on ebay? Anyone with experience running the ugly helicopter version round and round going no where.

Offline Dan McEntee

• Admiral
Re: OS 32f
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 06:43:00 PM »
   I think there were two versions of the .32F, both slug engine and ringed engine. The slug version has a nickel plated liner, don't know about the ringed version. The round head airplane engine is the same as the heli version I do believe. Both versions are pretty scarce, with the ringed version be more rare from what I have researched. Heads seem to be impossible to find to convert a heli version, I've looked! The .32F is a favorite of the R/C combat guys I think also, which makes any good condition example that comes available to not be available for long! Keep your eyes peeled at swap meets and such hiding in some one's junk box missing the carb and muffler!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 02:10:38 PM »
The ringed engines all left the factory as heli engines. They seem to run fine on CL airplanes. The only way to tell which is which is to look in the exhaust port and check for the ring. The case is the same, and all the innards will swap. Heli heads can be whittled down, or perhaps Jim Lee could make a head if you threw enough money at him. When searching for the 32F, also look for its smaller sibling, the 28F. The 32F is one of my personal favorites.  :D

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 04:27:23 PM »
Most helicopter (model) engines have a looser fit of the crankshaft OD to crankcase ID, which makes them run more oil to the front bearing. A lot of stunt guys apparently complain about all the mess and raw fuel inside and outside their model. I'm not sure if running a double sealed front bearing would fix that. I have used a sealed bearing, but removed the seal on the inboard side. My objective was partly for keeping grit out (on a California FF site) and partly because I had the double sealed bearing for some reason, and that particular engine had a bad front bearing.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 01:17:41 AM »
Thanks folks for the information. Very useful. Guess I can move the guts from the good running engine that crashed to another crankcase, if I locate an engine that is worn out.

Offline Dan McEntee

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 08:47:46 AM »
   Look into later versions of the .32. I have a couple of .32SX, I think the designation is. There are some cosmetic changes to the case but it fits the same holes. Also I  do believe the ASP .32 is a clone of the OS.32F but uses a clap bar to retain the carb. It can be used to retain a venturi that has a spigot mount NVA and flown that way without much work. .It is coming to swap meet season so keep an eye out there and on eVilBay.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 10:57:52 AM »
 Ahh. Great. Wondered about the 32sx.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 06:34:42 PM »
Looks like they all mount at the FSR 21/215/28 bolt pattern .

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 09:51:05 PM »
What about the knock off come later quasi imitators (or improvements)? What have folks found to be consistent runners useful in our applications? Thunder Tiger, ASP, MDS, Mecoa. As we make noise flying into the sunset, what cheap engines are of use? Aside from LAs, FPs and so forth, the familiar. Especially likely finds among the swaps.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here