News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:50:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS .25 LA backplate replacement  (Read 1302 times)

Offline M Shipman

• M. Shipman
  • 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
  • South Texas
OS .25 LA backplate replacement
« on: April 09, 2021, 10:20:33 AM »
Will an OS .25 S metal backplate fit on a OS .25 LA.? I’m looking to replace the plastic backplates on my .25 LAs.
Mike

Offline M Shipman

• M. Shipman
  • 23 supporter
  • New Pilot
  • South Texas
Re: OS .25 LA backplate replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »
Thanks motorman for the reply. I have a source of OS .25 S engine backplates for free. I was hoping that someone would know if they work on the .25 LA.  I’m using a front needle valve not the remote needle valve.
Mike

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 03:07:13 PM »
Thanks motorman for the reply. I have a source of OS .25 S engine backplates for free. I was hoping that someone would know if they work on the .25 LA.  I’m using a front needle valve not the remote needle valve.
Mike

The only way to tell is to try it on, just like a good shoe! If it doesn't fit, I think most if not all the OS clone .25 engine back plates will work. I have bought Cox engine parts from the eBay seller Kamtechnik and his work is most excellent. His stuff has the nice silicone o-ring that is a nice touch. I think Randy Smith tries to keep some in stock also. And, there really is NOTHING wrong with using the plastic back plate. Just make sure you use truss head screws like it comes with or a flat washer under anything else. Some ligiid gasket material and make sure you don't over torque the screws and they wil perfom just fine. I have several OS engines in service with plastic back plates. If not using the rear needle valve, just cut the bracket off with a razor saw or remove it if it has the metal bracket. But save the bracket. it's handy for mounting a rear needle valve if you ever desire to use one again.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline M Shipman

• M. Shipman
  • 23 supporter
  • New Pilot
  • South Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 03:17:43 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate all of the good info. I’ll get one of the OS .25 S back plates and try it to see if it’s works.
Thanks again,
Mike

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 09:40:24 AM »
I can tell you that the OS FP .25 and .40 backplates fit the OS LA .25 .40 and .46 engines. I buy burned up/seized up FP's at swap meets just for the backplates and carbs. Usually just a couple bucks.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline M Shipman

• M. Shipman
  • 23 supporter
  • New Pilot
  • South Texas
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 06:26:13 AM »
Thanks for the info Mike.  Have the metal back plates in hand for my .25 LAs.
Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here