News:

• May 07, 2024, 09:26:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS Max look-alike muffler  (Read 697 times)

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
OS Max look-alike muffler
« on: August 04, 2019, 05:09:07 PM »
I bought a .40 LA off ebay and it came with a muffler that looks exactly like the OS Max E-3030, but doesn't have the "OS" emblem or "E-3030" stamped on it.  I took the muffler apart and the front part of the muffler is empty.  The back part has a plate where the front and rear of the muffler come together.  This back plate has a hole in the center about the diameter of the exhaust exit at the rear of the muffler.

Is this muffler a full equivalent of the E-3030, or should I order an E-3030 to replace it?

Thanks,
Joe Ed Pederson

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: OS Max look-alike muffler
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 08:42:41 PM »
 could by THREE just in case you break one !.

For #^%* sake , its justa muffla . The TOWER HOBBIES ones are LIGHTER . AND the Motor is REAL A.B.C.

So better value to get the whole caboodle there , if you like being awkward .

Generally said the Radio Mufflers , at least on the FPs , being Bigger , are the better option. Or necesity .
Sorry the Tower Comments on the F P thingo .  Theres a big bad ' List your LA 46 set up ' thread . Maybe at the top off the page here .   H^^

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: OS Max look-alike muffler
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 12:07:45 PM »
could by THREE just in case you break one !.

For #^%* sake , its justa muffla . The TOWER HOBBIES ones are LIGHTER . AND the Motor is REAL A.B.C.

Thanks, Matt.   Early this morning it occurred to me that the unmarked muffler might be from the Tower Hobbies .40.  Your response seems to confirm that the unmarked muffler was from a Tower .40. 

Just did a search of "Tower 40 muffler" and found a post by Tim Wescott in which he indicates his OS .46 LAs run the same on both mufflers.  When I asked about whether the two mufflers were equivalent, I was wanting to know if the motor would run the same on both mufflers.  Tim also indicated  that if he needs more nose weight he uses the E-3030 and the Tower Hobbies muffler if he needs less nose weight.

Thanks,
Joe Ed Pederson

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here