News:

• May 06, 2024, 07:28:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox 35 stunt motor sleeve placement  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Ronald Eshleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Fox 35 stunt motor sleeve placement
« on: January 10, 2019, 11:33:07 AM »
I need advice for replacing the sleeve in a Fox 35 stunt motor. In studying the sleeve there is a round hole in 1 side. I am not sure which way that hole should go when I replace the sleeve. To the front or back of the motor? Please advise or send pics. Thanks.

Offline Ronald Eshleman

• Ensign
Re: Fox 35 stunt motor sleeve placement
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
The motor is reassembled with new gaskets. Now all I need is a warm day! Ugh... Pennsylvania, January...probably not... thank you Motorman!

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 07:02:49 PM »
Ron,
Since you have some time before flying starts up there it would be good to check a few things on the engine. Remove the plug and slowly turn over the engine through a full stroke, check to feel any biding spots. If good put back plug and go fly. If not loosen the muffler bolts and repeat. If still binding loosen the mount bolts 1/3 turn one at a time and check after each one. If you find that this relieves the bind make up some plywood shims from 1/32" ply that will go under the engine mount lugs, theses will be crush pads that allows for the mold release draft angle. If allows you to tighten down the engine and not distort the case (if you have hard mounts i.e. aluminum or Bakelite pads). After you tighten it down check for bids again. If still binding back off the head bolts 1/8 turn one at a time (check after each bolt is loosened) to see where the bind is. Once you find it check the way the head bolt goes into the recess on the head. What I do is take off the head and drill through the head bolt holes one drill size bigger the re assemble and that should do it.

Best,   DennisT

Online Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 05:24:10 PM »
Ron,
It seems you have the sleeve out of the case, when you reassemble as MM said baffle is on the intake side (the lower cut port). As you put the cylinder into the case, look down the cylinder bore and make sure the intake ports are lined up so the ends of the baffle covers each end of the port. Very important to check this alignment.

Best,     DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here