News:

• April 28, 2024, 08:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Fox .35 burp.  (Read 9375 times)

Offline Joseph Lijoi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: My Fox .35 burp.
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
This argument is like two guys arguing over who has the most beautiful wife. No one can win as neither guy will concede to the other. Years later they fine out they were married to identical twins. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ Z@@ZZZ Z@@ZZZ Z@@ZZZ Z@@ZZZ Z@@ZZZ Z@@ZZZ

Hardly.  

What is the recommended prop for the self destructing two cycling Fox 35?  The fact that this thread exists is an indication of the "user friendliness" of this historic engine.  Of course you will have to run the recommended 29% all castor fuel that you will have to mail order at $125 a case plus hazmat fees.  I would consider pulling out the crankshaft, run it on a dial indicator, and whack it with a mallet. I have yet to see a straight crankshaft on any of these classic relics before I gave up on them.   Not too user friendly.  

Please do use at least a gallon and a half of that precious mail order fuel to break in the sacred artifact, especially if you want to run it in a two cycle, lest you warp the liner.  But worry not, the warped Fox will have sufficient power to pull the iconic Ringmaster, which is to this day the yardstick by which we measure stunt performance.

In my nieghborhood most of us learned to fly on Cox reed valve 049's.  I think this is true of a lot of people.  That was because we had to fund our own hobbies and quite frankly many of our immigrant fathers thought that flying model airplnes was a waste of time when you could be doing things like digging a ditch or staking tomato plants.

The FP 20, 25 and LA25 are much better choices, in every way.  I think there is a lot of stubborness on the issue because the Fox 35 is made in the USA.  I can understand that.  Fox does make a CL 25 that is $5.00 more and weighs 1 oz more that might be a good choice.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here