News:

• May 13, 2024, 02:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not an airplane engine but a Neat big Old Motor  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
Not an airplane engine but a Neat big Old Motor
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:07:43 PM »
Kind of a neat old motor. When it gets to a minimal RPM (around 2:59 and 5:20) it almost sounds like it's talking at you saying "whistle something, whistle something, whistle something".

One person left this comment-
If that thing ever hits 2000 rpm a space/time anomaly forms and all of the known universe turns into a bowl of petunias.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Not an airplane engine but a Neat big Old Motor
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:36:27 PM »

One person left this comment-
If that thing ever hits 2000 rpm a space/time anomaly forms and all of the known universe turns into a bowl of petunias.

If that thing ever hits 2000 they will be sorting through the debris trying to figure out what was part of a valve and what was part of a piston!

If that thing ever hits 2000 we will have to make a hour last for 62 minutes because the Earth's rotation will slow down.

Brett

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:43:52 AM »
There are a lot of old big motors on Utube. it is worth taking time to look at them.
 How about .02 horsepower like this. I do this all the time. I sold two fixies this week. The pedals never stop turning You need legs of steel.

Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:23:23 AM »
Sorry I posted a single speed but you WILL like this one. I do see young ladies all the time riding FIXIES in Charlotte

Ed

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 03:21:28 PM »
Never heard of a Fixie before. Learned something new! Great music too.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:22:29 AM »
Everytime I watch this video, I am amazed. It happens I like the music, too...a Seattle band, I understand.  n~ Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 06:24:53 AM »
Steve
 That riders ability goes beyond what is normal balance ability. I see young boys trying those stunts but not with much success. I built my fist Fixie around 1957 when no one new what a fixie was. I entered many local road races in the 1950's and in one race rode my fixie backwards for 10 miles. I was not last.  I was the best and fastest racer in my neighborhood. I went and entered a local race and found out I was average. I did win a few riding my Schwinn Paramount.When I was younger I peaked at 1500 watts=40+HP
Ed
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:27:31 PM by Ed Ruane »

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »
Very neat old engine Elwyn; Being an old engine guy I sometimes run my old model engines on the test stand just for the fun of running them. Before they dismantled the plant, there was a natural gas compressor station just south of town that had Fairbanks Morse engines to run the compressors. I use to go out and watch when I knew they were going to fire them up as my neighbor use to work there.
Jim Kraft

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here