Engine basics > Engine set up tips

More Engine setup tips or 9 steps...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Allan Perret:
Good Stuff.   Thanks Randy and others.
Already printed out and going on my flying clipboard.

proparc:
9. And don't set the valves too tight on the Saito. :)

RandySmith:

--- Quote from: Motorman on December 24, 2012, 03:25:47 PM ---If I were to make a set of venturis for a Brodak 40 how close in size should they be and how many would be useful?

Same with head shims, should I just use factory gaskets or thin shims for finer adjustment.

Thanks,
MM

--- End quote ---

10 thou for restrictor types and 3 thou for true venturies

Andrew Tinsley:
Hello Randy,
I note that your sage advice is for a 4-2-4 break, bearing in mind that a lot of people use say a 2-2-2 set up, is there anything different that you need to consider?

Regards,

Andrew.

RandySmith:

--- Quote from: Andrew Tinsley on March 29, 2014, 01:51:32 PM ---Hello Randy,
I note that your sage advice is for a 4-2-4 break, bearing in mind that a lot of people use say a 2-2-2 set up, is there anything different that you need to consider?

Regards,

Andrew.

--- End quote ---

"These are just ***** basic ******suggestion to help you tune your engine, and by no means covers it all. There are literally thousands of engine setups that would take volumes to cover, But I hope you can use this as a basic guide to helping get a better engine run."

Maybe you should read the whole article. Even a 2-2 is a cycling run, so I made no blunders here

Some people run a 2-2-2 and to do that, normally you just set the engine in a rich 2 cycle, then it will cycle back n forth between a rich and leaner 2 cycle run, this is much simpler, and is the reason most do it that way, some do this to get enough power to fly the airplane well.... Other I have seen run a 2-2-2 in and over lean setup where it sags lean and slow at the top of things... some even feel that is a great run.. I would recommend staying away from the later.

Regards
Randy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version