News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:29:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: McCoy 36  (Read 596 times)

Offline John Watson

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
McCoy 36
« on: September 04, 2019, 03:03:09 PM »
 H^^Okay right off the top of your head....NVA for a McCoy 36....No not a 35 its a 36......yes first I ever saw one either but now I have one to go on a Ringmaster...……..

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: McCoy 36
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 04:40:54 PM »
H^^Okay right off the top of your head....NVA for a McCoy 36....No not a 35 its a 36......yes first I ever saw one either but now I have one to go on a Ringmaster...……..
I am pretty sure I had one as a kid.  Had to look it up and yes, I did, except mine did not have the attached tank.  Don't take this to the bank but I think it used, or could use, the same NVA as the 35.   Since both of them suck, (the NVA's not the engines) I would consider something else.  It did have one useful function.  If the adjustment knob at the end of the spring was bouncing around after it started you knew your prop was out of balance.  On a profile, that spring can be arched back and attached to some kind of keeper and you have killed two birds without having to hit either one.  Doesn't break off when you (and I of course never do) LL~ land inverted and it keeps your fingers out of that 9000 rpm meat cutter..

Good Luck, McCoy's were great engines if you didn't let them overheat.

Ken

PS - after reading Bill's post I think I may have misled you with the comment that the NVA sucks.  It is not the needle or the way the engine runs that was my problem.  It was the coarse threads on the locking nut that were always slipping and the loose fit from the built in venturi.  Mine were always slipping and getting out of alignment.  If you can get a lock washer under the nut - do it.

Ken Again
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:58:43 PM by Ken Culbertson »
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: McCoy 36
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »
36 super stunt has the same nva as the 29/35/40. If you already have the mccoy nva I'd try it before doing a different one, I fly the 35/36/40 and have good runs with all of them on the stock nva.
Bill P.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here