News:

• May 20, 2024, 10:11:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enya 25  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Busby

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Enya 25
« on: May 29, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »
I recently acquired one of the 25 SS ,ball bearing ,chrome etc.
After running on the bench 10 runs , I decided to put in a plane and do the rest of the break in in the air.
Folks this is an extremely strong and friendly engine.
It will run any way you want it to wet 2, 424 just prop it to match the run and it will do what ever is asked of it.
I put it in an old 500 + fox slow combat plane and started flying patterns.
very well made,as you can tell i am impressed with it, Iguess I will have to put together a Stills Stuka for it.
Busby
Marshall Busby

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
Re: Enya 25
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »

Most people underestimate how good these Engines are. But now they are back in the circles and people are starting to notice.

They work out of the box, no need to get it  rework and no need to replace parts to get impressive rock solid stunt runs.

They are easy to setup and have great torque in a wide range of RPM.

Martin
Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 12:45:42 PM »
Marshall,

The ENYA 25 SS may be a bit much for the Still Stuka - which is quite small and should be built light. IMHO, anyway. Could be great fun, but that's up to you. Best of luck with it. I'm just thinking that there are several models a bit larger that your engine could also do great in. Remember, that's the same engine - with few changes* - that ENYA makes into a diesel, for which they cite 9,000 RPM on a 12 -6 prop...

*Sleeve porting slightly different, smaller venturii, and the top end pieces to put in the contra-piston.
\BEST\LOU

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:35:05 AM »
Lou

I am building a Still Stuka as well and was planning on using the Enya 25. The plans show a OS La 25. Is the Enya that much more powerful? Would the Enya 20 be a better choice?

Dan..
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »
Dan,

No idea about an ultimate power comparison between the LA and E-SS 25. I expect the ENYA is an ounce or so heavier, with the 2 BB shaft and the traditional ENYA STRONG construction. Plus, the LA is derived from an OS "budget" RC engine - great engine, not knocking it, but the ENYA is different.

The ENYA should outlast just about any current reasonable cost plain bearing engine near its size - it IS and ENYA. Lifespan doesn't much matter for the preent model, though, does it...

As are others, I'll be interested to hear how it works for you.

\BEST\LOU

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »
The Enya engine to get is the Enya 25 stunt al/chrm model at about $120.00 from randy. This does away with the ball bearing front end and saves you a little weight. The front end used is from the 25/30 SS engines. You do still get the better p/L combination and that is a hard engine to fault.
dennis

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »
Lou

I am building a Still Stuka as well and was planning on using the Enya 25. The plans show a OS La 25. Is the Enya that much more powerful? Would the Enya 20 be a better choice?

Dan..

Hi Dan

The ENYA  25SS  and  30SS  are both excellent choices for the STUKA, both are very light, run well and will last a long time.

REgards
Randy

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 03:49:14 PM »
Thanks guys. The Enya will be the engine for the Stuka..

Dan
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 10:17:29 PM »
The Enya SS30 is lighter then the SS25 and it does not cost much more. So I think the SS30 is a better choice, specially  now that control lines are no longer an issue.

The SS25 AL Chro is much lighter then the SS30 but cost more. For a profile I think the SS25AL Chro would be better because it has aluminum piston and should vibrate less causing less problems with fuel foaming.

Martin
Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here