News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:14:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: List of Engine Dimensions and Data  (Read 637 times)

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
List of Engine Dimensions and Data
« on: January 05, 2023, 11:54:13 PM »
A recent post requested dimensional data for an specific engine. A follow up post lamented that there wasn't a table available for a list of engines. So I dug thru my files and found a table I have updated a few times, but I wouldn't call it comprehensive. Still, some might find it helpful, as is. And, if there are others around, we can consolidate and make a more comprehensive master list. As well as peer reviewing it to be sure the data is accurate....

Dave

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: List of Engine Dimensions and Data
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 01:53:08 PM »
       I think that has enough useful data on it that it deserves pinning to the top of the list t make it easier to find. Then maybe it could be added to as specs become available. Will be helpful to know what engines share the same mounting patterns as well as for repair purposes.
  Type ay you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Colin McRae

• Captain
  • Are we having fun yet??
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 03:11:54 PM »
I happened to have the dimensional data for the OS 15LA and Evolution engines handy.

The listing is a pdf file, so can't modify it easily. Need to find and post the original Excel spreadsheet if at all possible.

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 05:00:59 PM »
The late Bob Reeves started one such database years ago along with one for airplane dimensions.

He even developed a pro-forma that others could use to submit the relevant data.

He didn't do much with it in recent years but I have all four forms as .mht files.

I'm happy to supply my copies to somebody who can convert them to more usable files today.

In the interim, attached is engine data as a Word doc.

I cant remember whether it is complete.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 09:06:21 PM »
Did Somebody Say ENGINES .

http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/OS%20Max%2025%20FSR.html

Post modification - cetra . Theres Zillions There , go to the bottom & Hit ' thing ' .  H^^
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 05:18:45 PM by Air Ministry . »

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 09:25:04 PM »
Blimey Airminiseries! That's not an ENGINE, it's a 4cc OssiFizzer! Canardly use it 4 stunt....almost tears the wings off a igNoblarf

Colin--I can tell you that the Evo .36 and OS .35AX are nearly identical in critical dimensions. The one place they differ is that the EVO has a canted-aft plug, so the hole in the cowl won't quite match up.

Geoff--I'll look at the Reeves data. Lots of good stuff there. Maybe I can fill out an editable, merged document?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here