News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Castor % vs Syn% min Syn to keep clean?  (Read 978 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Castor % vs Syn% min Syn to keep clean?
« on: December 11, 2017, 05:38:05 PM »
Guys,
I've read Randy's care and feeding article about the amount of oil in our fuel. In it he indicates that for iron p/c could be 25 -50 % Syn oil. My question is what is the minimum % by volume of Syn oil needed to keep the old iron p/c clean. I have run 75% C /  25% Syn in fuel with 28% total oil but I know the Fox likes castor. Mine are clean inside but was wondering if a lower % of the syn would be better and still keep them from varnishing up.

Best,   DennisT

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Castor % vs Syn% min Syn to keep clean?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 07:47:15 PM »
Guys,
I've read Randy's care and feeding article about the amount of oil in our fuel. In it he indicates that for iron p/c could be 25 -50 % Syn oil. My question is what is the minimum % by volume of Syn oil needed to keep the old iron p/c clean. I have run 75% C /  25% Syn in fuel with 28% total oil but I know the Fox likes castor. Mine are clean inside but was wondering if a lower % of the syn would be better and still keep them from varnishing up.

Best,   DennisT

Hi Dennis

Foxes  like  OIL  not just castor, OIL period, and the modern  syth oils  are better lubricant that castor, and also will not Fleck like castor does ,   and  yes  25% synth  will keep the  FOX cleaner  ... IF....  you do not run it hard, if your  running  hard  use  the 50 %.  ,  either will  work for you

Regards
Randy

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 04:10:08 AM »
Hello
Using four strokes you soon find the 'curse of caster' if you think they need it!

On the other hand that worn out varnished up ancient 35 will not give it up, without loosing any seal left.
Just my experiences  <=

Regards Gerald

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »
Hello
Using four strokes you soon find the 'curse of caster' if you think they need it!

On the other hand that worn out varnished up ancient 35 will not give it up, without loosing any seal left.
Just my experiences  <=

Regards Gerald

Yes  correct, just as  I wrote in one of my first articles 25 Years ago

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here