News:

• May 05, 2024, 08:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Engine Temp  (Read 869 times)

Offline Motorman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Engine Temp
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:34:50 PM »
Anyone know how hot an LA25 on a profile gets or how hot a (stunt) model engine in general gets?

MM

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
Re: Engine Temp
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:04 AM »
Which part of the engine?

Methinks that a plain bearing big end would one of the most critical parts so how would one measure that?

Oil breakdown is the key I suppose as any meaningful measurement comes from lubricant temperature.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Offline John Craig

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:48 AM »
If you are really into the gadgets, R/C car guys use these.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=os+40&_from=R40&_osacat=2562&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xtemperature&_nkw=temperature+gauge&_sacat=2562

I bought one with the intent on using it.  Never can remember to dig it out when flying.  Yes, it is a neat gadget & fun to play with.  Seems surprisingly accurate.  Perhaps I can remember next weekend & give you a reading from an OS 25 FP.

Offline rich gorrill

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 12:51:34 PM »

Hi M.M. Dan Banjock uses one of those infared devices when he runs his in-line dual Fox 35 set up. It is very accurate, he aims it at the head and tweaks needle valves til both heads are the same temp. I watched him do it but for the life of me I can't remember the temp. Sorry if I got a little off the original question, it was more a plug for the infared sensor.  I think it might have been in the mid 300's? That's just a guess.  I'm sure one of the motorheads will have a better answer.

Rich

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here