News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:46:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: keeping an  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Ronald Eshleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
keeping an
« on: October 26, 2021, 09:58:31 AM »
Oops...Should say...I'm having difficulty keeping my Enya 35 control line motor running in flight on a newly built
Shoestring Racer. It continues to run while on the stand or on the runway prior to takeoff. I'm using a Brodak wedge tank with the exit tube on the bottom of the tank. The tank is mounted directly behind the motor. The fuel used is Brodak 29%....Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. The plane flies great &glides well upon stopping. Thx
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:38:11 PM by Ronald Eshleman »

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: keeping an
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 10:52:02 AM »
s a Brodak wedge tank with the exit tube on the bottom of the tank. The tank is mounted directly behind the motor. The fuel used is Brodak 29%....Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. The plane flies great &glides well upon stopping. Thx

I think there are some missing words here, perhaps you can clarify?

Brett

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 12:21:03 PM »
The plane flys great and lands well - sounds like it's not broken. Don't fix it.

What plane?

What engine are you using? 29% seems like a lot of oil.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 02:07:45 PM »
Oops...Should say...I'm having difficulty keeping my Enya 35 control line motor running in flight on a newly built
Shoestring Racer. It continues to run while on the stand or on the runway prior to takeoff. I'm using a Brodak wedge tank with the exit tube on the bottom of the tank. The tank is mounted directly behind the motor. The fuel used is Brodak 29%....Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. The plane flies great &glides well upon stopping. Thx

Does it quit in flight after take off?  How soon after take off?   Does it lean out, speed and sag before quitting? Or does it slow down, blubber and then die?  What steps you must take depends on how it is quitting.  If it runs a tank out while sitting on the ground, or on a test stand, but quits in the air, you tank is the suspect, and could be positioned wrong, and the wide , wedge tanks tend to lean out in the air because the fuel flow has to work against centrifugal force. Try richening up the needle setting on the next try and see how it reacts, but we do need a little more information.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 02:11:58 PM »
a picture would be helpfull  where your vent tubes are could be the problem
rad racer

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 05:05:22 PM »
If you have a Brodak metal tank and you haven't opened the back to inspect it ........
you will soon have a Brodak metal tank that you HAVE opened to inspect.

Offline Dave Royer

• 21 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 08:04:50 PM »
29% oil is too much for an Enya. I could not get my Enya .35 to keep running on even 25% all castor oil. The instructions said to use 20%. I'd give that a try before I'd start fooling with tank disassembling and such.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here