News:

• March 29, 2024, 06:35:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: K&B .35 Series 75 engine??  (Read 1272 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
K&B .35 Series 75 engine??
« on: September 26, 2022, 10:30:31 AM »
       Hello All:

I recently picked up one of these and I would like to know if anybody has used this engine and if so, what are your opinions.

Stay well,

Frank

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: K&B .35 Series 75 engine??
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 11:31:58 AM »
The K&B 35 Series 75 is a good, powerful sport 35.  It may take a little more fussing to get the head clearance, prop, and venturi sizes set properly because it wants to run faster  than most folks are looking for.
phil Cartier

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 10:51:03 AM »
     Hi Phil:

Thanks for the reply.  I was beginning to think that nobody had used this engine.

Back in the early days of HAMS  Sport Race, Gill tried one of these engines with a BB front end.  The problem that he had, starting was a severe problem.  At the time, I thought that he had an engine that had a very poor ring/ cylinder fit.  The engine that I picked up is new with a great ring fit!  Now to break it in without losing that fit!  This engine is quite large and heavy.  A stunt engine, I do not know, but it will be fun to run!

Stay well,

Frank

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Online GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 04:04:35 AM »
Hello My wife runs a K&B 35 Series 75 with venturi insert and Tatone Peace Pipe and 10x6 prop on her Ringmaster. Has served well for a few years now. It starts well and gives good power and a steady run.

Regards Gerald

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 02:14:31 PM »
     Hi Gerald:

How noes heavy is her RM with that engine?

Frank

Online GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 03:54:10 PM »
Hi Frank

My wife's Ringmaster balances out fine without any tail weight. I have found they like to have a forward CG compared to flapped models and adding excess tail weight does not help the turn, just robs them of line tension.

Regards Gerald

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 04:25:03 PM »
That K&B .35 was intended for early profile Navy Carrier, Slow Rat, Sport Race and such, where sleeve bearings were required by the rules. So, I sure wouldn't expect it to 4-2-4. The Dykes rings don't last very long, but if you are willing to use an electric finger, then it will start and run that way for years. There's some chance that RJL/Mecoa might have parts, especially if you can wait a few years...  Z@@ZZZ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline David Zwolak

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 09:33:09 AM »
The K&B .35 Ser 75 is a nice running engine.  I routinely started it by hand - no troubles.  Ran it with both the venturi insert, and open on bladder pressure in a Demon Combat flying wing.  More of a "constant" speed engine instead of a 4-2-4.  Forget what props I used so experiment with your setup.  All of this was in those halcyon days of C/L flying days with the world renowned HAMS club.  Ever hear of them?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here