News:

• May 04, 2024, 02:34:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NVA - Off-center fuel hole position acrossed the diameter of the venturi?  (Read 665 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Guys,
I have searched this forum for information on the effect of off-center location of the fuel hole across the venturi diameter, found none. So I put this out. How much off center or off the side of the venturi wall can the spraybar hole be to still get a solid 4-2 type run (not the direction the hole points)? I ask this because some NVA options don't line-up the hole in the center of the venturi and require shimming. How does this off-center location effect the quality of the run? How far off-center can you go without negative results?

Best,   DennisT 

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Guys,
I have searched this forum for information on the effect of off-center location of the fuel hole across the venturi diameter, found none. So I put this out. How much off center or off the side of the venturi wall can the spraybar hole be to still get a solid 4-2 type run (not the direction the hole points)? I ask this because some NVA options don't line-up the hole in the center of the venturi and require shimming. How does this off-center location effect the quality of the run? How far off-center can you go without negative results?

Best,   DennisT

If you are  1/16 in off center either way it should not matter at all
I have seen one FP with  ST bar that was  drilled  way off center, it still  ran fine,  The only problems you should see is  on a profile, you may need a  shim/tank adjustment
If the  hole is  not  right at the  edge of the venturi, then you most likely will  have  no problems, however  if you have something that ill fitting, change it

Randy

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
I have a friend who at one point built venturis for Fox engines with the hole off center towards the left, very near the side.  It worked fine on a profile fuselage in that the tank didn't have to be raised of offset burps and rich outside maneuvers.

An off center fuel hole in the needle valve doesn't seem to have as much effect.  Most of the mass flowing through the hole is air, and the flow around a needle valve across it is anything but laminar.  Often times you'll see fuel and air spitting out if the  venturi stack is too short.  It is best to get everything lined up if possible, otherwise at least make sure the NV can be removed and replace accurately.
phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here