News:

• June 16, 2024, 03:23:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Venturi Types  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Steve Thompson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Venturi Types
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:53:59 PM »
For the benefit of myself and others, does anyone have a picture, sketch, or drawing of the different types of venturis we use in stunt.

I tried searching and think there are only a few basic types but multiple names for the same thing.  Here are the ones I have found:

Restrictor
Regular
Spray Bar
Are these like the stock OS with NVA (needle valve assy) going across the diameter of the venture?

Sprinkler
True
ST Type
Are these like the stock ST with the NVA behind the venturi and several small fuel outlet holes around the venturi ID (also like a cox Tee Dee venturi)?

Flush Inlet
Spigot
Dribble Hole
Fuel Post
Are these like the stock ST but with only one fuel outlet hole in ID?

If there are other types or other names, please add them.  The subject name "venturi types" should make this easy to search for in the future.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Venturi Types
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:17:30 PM »
For the benefit of myself and others, does anyone have a picture, sketch, or drawing of the different types of venturis we use in stunt.

I tried searching and think there are only a few basic types but multiple names for the same thing.  Here are the ones I have found:

Restrictor   straight bore through with a chamfer or bellmouth at the top
Regular
Spray Bar   Guessing this means the spraybar goes through the center of the intake bore.
Are these like the stock OS with NVA (needle valve assy) going across the diameter of the venture? If you get a wiggly red line under a word, it's MS telling you it's misspelled, and it changes the spelling to what it wants. If you right click and then click on "add to dictionary", it will put "venturi" in your personal dictionary and stop that nonsense. Venturi it is!

Sprinkler
True
ST Type
Are these like the stock ST with the NVA behind the venturi and several small fuel outlet holes around the venturi ID (also like a cox Tee Dee venturi)?

Flush Inlet I think this would be the same as "Dribble Hole", see below. Never heard the term. I have used a "dribble hole", which is the same "venturi" but with the "spigot" or "fuel post" removed.
Spigot AKA "Fuel Post", see below.
Dribble Hole
Fuel Post

If there are other types or other names, please add them.  The subject name "venturi types" should make this easy to search for in the future.

I don't worry about it a lot. They either work fine or they don't work at all, IMO.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Venturi Types
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:50:49 PM »

Restrictor
Regular
Spray Bar
Are these like the stock OS with NVA (needle valve assy) going across the diameter of the venture? Yes, it can be, or a spraybar can be off to the side feeding a circumferential sprinkler galley.

Sprinkler Also called a true venturi since there's no spraybar interfearing with the air flow. It has a collar with usually 3 sprinkler holes feeding into the perimeter of the base of the venturi. A Cox Tee Dee is this type, and is why they don't draw fuel well without pressure(one hole becomes dominant and the others tend to cavitate). On some engines, the spraybar, being off to the side, often acts as a key holding the venturi(air stack) in place.
True
ST Type
Are these like the stock ST with the NVA behind the venturi and several small fuel outlet holes around the venturi ID (also like a cox Tee Dee venturi)? Not necessarily. You'll find Super Tigre spraybars in either sprinkler or through hole venturis. I have a Thunder Tiger Pro 25 with an ST spraybar feeding a sprinkler venturi

Flush Inlet
Spigot
Dribble Hole
Fuel Post

Unless you talk about RC Carbs, that's all I can add.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here