News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: muffler for fox 36x?  (Read 721 times)

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
muffler for fox 36x?
« on: February 16, 2019, 03:33:11 PM »
I know I know don't put a muffler on one, but our field requires it most of the time.  It is not important to be super quiet, just a muffler.   

And I am just screwing around not out for max performance. 

I have some old school slow combats that were already drilled for the fox that  I want to use this summer. 
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: muffler for fox 36x?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 06:45:53 PM »
   Hi Dave;
    If the .36X has holes drilled and tapped, it is probably the same as the .40 R/C muffler spacing. I think they shared the same basic case design? If there are no holes drilled and tapped, then just about anything that has holes that line up with the boss on either side of the exhaust will put you in business. The exhaust is pretty narrow and that is what will be the defining thing for a good fit.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 06:54:54 PM »
            A OS 703 from the Max-35S fits the exhaust stack but it's slightly wider. This may not be an issue as I'm certain it would lessen the decibels. The stock strap works as well, the muffler fits the stack snug enough that the strap only needs to be snug. I'm quite certain that any space on the sides could be filled with JB weld if needed. I have used packing tape against the case to prevent JB weld from getting all over. JB weld cleans up very clean using alcohol when wet.

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 05:31:47 PM »
Hello
We have muffler laws that mean everything over  a .19 gets one on theory anyway!
 The Tatone line of products suits my Fox 35's  and 36's well.
A peace pipe looks nice too on a wing but the in-cowl mufflers and pancake/ flush style are also great on combat wings and profile models.
You may need to open them out and port match to get the best out of them.
Have used the OS 703 too but they are hard to find now and a bit delicate on profile/combat models.
Regards Gerald

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here