News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:15:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox Parts Search: Fox .25  (Read 534 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Fox Parts Search: Fox .25
« on: April 21, 2019, 11:03:30 PM »
   I need the help of a real Fox engine guru, hope there is one left in the world! I am putting a new crank in a Fox .25. I have both versions, the old one that looks like a smaller Fox.35, and the later bushing version with the bolt on venturi. I am installing left handed cranks in one of each, and the left handed crank part number is #11928 and is the same for the .19 and the .25. From what I can  tell from parts listings I have and those listed on the Mecoa web site, this crank should work in either engine. But the problem I have is the left handed crank pin is .187" crank pin, and the crank pin on each original cranks shaft is smaller, about .156, I think. The web site parts listing mentions 3/16" crank pins and wrist pins, but my wrist pins are smaller. Connecting rods are different length, and pistons are different diameters. Parts are supposed to interchangeable between the .19 and .25 with in the same version as far as cranks, rods and prop washers. Anybody got any insight into the rod situation? What I think I need is a couple of rods with a 3/16" crank pin hole and a smaller wrist pin hole> does this make sens to any one and do you have the rods???
  Thank you very much!
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: Fox Parts Search: Fox .25
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »
Ive Only Got ELEVEN Fox 19 / 25s ! And NO L.H. Cranks ! .  :(   :(

Theres a Septre Flight Fox fing wiv a few of the Fox 19 & 25 tests .

Theres LATE 19s with Black STEEL Prop Drivers and 1/4 in. dia. SHAFTS .

Late 25s were retimed . The ones with the Black Steel Prop drivers . THESE ONES are likely the re sized parts ones  . ( Gottit inwriting here ) .
( Somewhere .  :P :-[ )

Know nuffing on the early 3 bolt series .

The 19 and 25 have DIFFERANT Bore AND Stroke . Late 19s I think match 25 crankpin sizes .

P.S.

I know sommwone who might swap several foxes for a wing or two .  S?P   LL~  LL~

The Foxes on 15 or 20 % Nitro & 27 % oil ( 3 % Syn ) are a bit livelier than on 10 % .
I accidently put some methanol in the nitro once , and the OS , Fox & Vecos went well .
Dunno if it was 40 % or 70 % Nitro . Likely the latter .
Spat a prop , so two 100 yard sprints and a spanner & still had three twins up simultaeneously .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: Fox Parts Search: Fox .25
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 10:28:23 PM »
The scawney Ginger Headed Bloke is flying the Westland Whirlwind with the Fox 19s or 25s . Theres a bit of methanol in the nitro , on em all . Here .

Havnt eyed thru this , butIthinkits the one that mentions ' RESIZEING ' ..

http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Engine%20Tests/Fox%2025%20RC%20%282%29.html

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here