News:

• April 25, 2024, 03:44:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox 40 Backplate Screw Needed  (Read 627 times)

Offline Jim Carter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Fox 40 Backplate Screw Needed
« on: December 02, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »
 :)  Hi y'all!  Well, I' probably posting this in the wrong forum but I'm hoping someone can help me.  My buddy has a Fox 40 and it missing the screw, as pictured.  Can anyone tell us what kind of screw/size it is and where he can get his hand on one and maybe a spare as his apparently blew out in-flight over our grass field and there's not a snowballs chance .... of finding it.  Can anyone help us?  Thanks in advance.

Jim Carter
Titusville, FL

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Fox 40 Backplate Screw Needed
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »
I would guess that's it's just a short 4-40.  You can confirm that by checking vs one of your mounting bolts.
Paul Smith

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »
:)  Hi y'all!  Well, I' probably posting this in the wrong forum but I'm hoping someone can help me.  My buddy has a Fox 40 and it missing the screw, as pictured.  Can anyone tell us what kind of screw/size it is and where he can get his hand on one and maybe a spare as his apparently blew out in-flight over our grass field and there's not a snowballs chance .... of finding it.  Can anyone help us?  Thanks in advance.

I have no specific information but I would assume that it is 4-40 1/4". It's going to be a US thread size, so the options are very limited - 3-48, 4-40, or 6-32. Take out the other one to see the length, you probably have a 4-40 to test the thread. Also, it's going to be a round-head Phillips with a black oxide finish. I would get a plain steel screw, heat it up, and drop it in olive oil, that will blacken it. There's negligible load so anything that will go in the hole would work.

You can get them anywhere, I think McMaster will sell you 100 of them for about $10, but you probably have something acceptable already that you can cut down, an old slotted engine screw can easily be cut and deburred to hold it together.

Brett

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:14:17 AM »
 :) Gentlemen, thank you for your responses and advice.  I'll be passing it along to Eddy.  Thank you all!  H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here