News:

• April 23, 2024, 01:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox 36x spray bar has two holes 180 degrees apart. how to position them?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline paulwells66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Fox 36X BB has two holes 180 degrees apart. How should I position them? I removed the insert because I will using a bladder tank.
thank you

Offline paulwells66

• Lieutenant
Re: Fox 36x spray bar has two holes 180 degrees apart. how to position them?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 12:27:04 PM »
Ty (thank you) Ty!  :D
appreciate it very much

Offline paulwells66

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 12:28:07 PM »
I'm running pressure from a bladder anyway so kind of have no choice...anything other than sideways would spray up lol

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 01:31:58 PM »
Paul,
The Fox spraybar with the two holes are actually drilled off center of the spraybar centerline. When you install the spraybar the holes go across the venturi and will be just out of sight (or just the top edge of each hole will show equally) when installed correctly. You have to position the case so you can look directly down the bore.

Best,   DennisT

Offline paulwells66

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 02:11:07 PM »
HI Dennis,

I read the same thing on a thread before I posted but these are absolutely 180 degrees.  not off center at all. I must have rotated it 20 times and it's the same each way. I guess not all were off center.  I believe mine is an early to mid 60's model

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 03:30:48 PM »
Paul,
The Fox spraybar with the two holes are actually drilled off center of the spraybar centerline. When you install the spraybar the holes go across the venturi and will be just out of sight (or just the top edge of each hole will show equally) when installed correctly. You have to position the case so you can look directly down the bore.

*Some of them* are off-center. I was never sure whether it was intentional or not.

Brett

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 04:33:57 PM »
  *Some of them* are off-center. I was never sure whether it was intentional or not.

Brett

I think they are intended to be 120 degrees apart, and should be pointing "down" the venturi in that manor. Fox .35 stunt spray bars are the same, and if you were to look at an old one from a time when they had real machinists making parts, you could see that they were dilled in this manor. through time, as things usually go, things slipped a bit and the holes came to be close to 180 degree apart, just because they were drilling all the way through from one side to the other. To have them 120 degrees you need to drill them one at a time, so that takes twice as long to do.  If you rotate the spray bar in the venturi and look really close you may see a small difference from one side to the other.
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here