News:

• June 18, 2024, 01:43:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: spray bar orifice  (Read 647 times)

Offline mike mullis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
spray bar orifice
« on: December 02, 2007, 03:52:04 PM »
which way does the hole in the spraybar supposed to point in the venturi????   thanks for any input
Mike Mullis        LaVergne,Tennessee

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
Re: spray bar orifice
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »
Generally it should be facing down into venturi.  Some spray bars have two holes, in which case they should be front and rear, if the holes are off center they should be biased down into the venturi.  It's also been suggested that fuel draw is better with the hole positioned somewhere between straight down and horizontal to the venturi.  As long as it's not pointing up and out the venturi the engine will probably run. 

Offline Gene O'Keefe

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 06:42:13 PM »
Correct. Look down the venturi and with the hole towards the prop, rotate the spraybar until the hole is just out of sight, tighten and go enjoy flying.

Geno
Gene O'Keefe
AMA 28386

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 08:17:52 AM »
Above is correct.  However the ST spraybar in my Fox 35 got a little loose and rotated so the hole was looking at me.  Engine still ran fine.  Stupid Fox 35!

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:10:54 AM »
  Jim is correct  (Stupid Foxes)  I bought one off E-Bay and it had the head bolted on one screw off of propre orientation, the sleeve in backwards  (High port on the bypass side) AND the spray bar holes (two hole version) with the holes up and down.  It STILL ran quite well.  Just goes to to show tha old Fox is quite "user friendly" and very forgiving.

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here