Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Fox 15 X

(1/5) > >>

Airacobra:
I have a Fox 15 X that is mounted on a Junior Ringmaster. When it runs it seems to surge, never really setting in on a smooth run, slow or fast. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to do about this, and please, don't tell me to hurl it #^

bill bischoff:
Try running it on another airplane or the test stand. If it runs OK, then the problem is something about the airplane; excessive vibration, some sort of tank issue, etc.. If it never runs to your satisfaction, try the usual suspects, like different fuel, different glow plug, checking the head bolts and backplate bolts for tightness. With essentially nothing to go on, suggestions are unfortunately rather generic. Good luck!

Air Ministry .:
"  don't tell me to hurl it " first thought was fit Hurl Video ! .  ;D

TANK , methanol or acetone 1/2 full , shake like blazes . Drain into jar or clean thing . Inspect .

Prop , The Olde ' heavy blade opposite piston at T D C maybe . TRY a few differant props , anyway .

v i b r a t i o n    p e r i o d  , might shiftit , ifits wotit is  . Flush out the spraybar / needle while your at it .

Try 20 % nitro , if all else fails . thatll teach it to play up . Could be a dungy olde plug , too . Saw That last weekend - Been Sitting years , installed . New One sorted it . Like he'd intended .

Airacobra:
Thanks for the tips guys

Dan McEntee:
     You don't mention what you have a for a prop on it. Like Bill mentioned, put it on a test stand and run it with a smaller prop with less pitch and see what you get. it may need to be run in more. These have the needle valves with the spring to hold position. Try replacing that with a length of fuel line to seal up the threads, and it should hold the needle setting also. Those also have only 2 bolts holding the back plate on. Check that out for any suspicious area that might be leaking air.  Replace the gasket and add some silicone sealer to it to be sure.
  Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version