News:

• April 23, 2024, 12:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox 15 help  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Billy Fields

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Fox 15 help
« on: June 24, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »
I have a old fox 15 that I would like to run but I need a prop. What prop should I get for it. Thanks for the help.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Fox 15 help
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »
I've used both 7-6 and 8-4 with good results on the older Fox 15s.
What model do you have?
Bob Z.

Offline Billy Fields

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »
I guess it was made for RC because it has a old style carb and a exhaust bar. I did do a goggle search for the prop and found a chart that help me. The motor was given to me and I have never seen it run. It has good compression so I think it will run. won't know until I get a prop. Thanks for the comment.

Offline Billy Fields

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 01:17:13 PM »
It run really nice on the bench. Next will be a old Enya 29 that was on a super ring master.I came across a old veco61 with a Perry carberater. Don't know any history on it. For some reason I'm unable to load a picture. I get a file large notice. Thanks for the help.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 08:58:46 PM »
Enya .29 should run ok on a 10-5 or so, and the Veco .61 would run on a 12-6. All these old engines should be run with a good amount of castor oil in the fuel, or they will eat themselves sooner, rather than later. For the three, I'd suggest one formula that would work for all would be 10% nitro with at least 20% castor oil, with a total oil of 25% or more. This sort of fuel is not so easy to get anymore. Previously, I'd have suggested SIG fuel, but SIG fuel availability looks to be limited at present, and we're not sure if that will improve or not. What else you can get depends on where you live.
Along with a good hot glowplug (short reach for the .15, long reach for the .29 an .61, idle bar suggested), and battery.

Photos must be below 1,000 kb to post. It is not difficult to attain decent photos under 100kb. Something between 600 and 900 pixels wide, while preserving the original aspect ratio usually works ok. Lots of folks simply resize until they reach the kb limit, but end up with a tiny picture that is totally useless. You need to resize AND compress to do a good job.

Unfortunately, lots of folks just use cell phones and the pictures seem to insist on posting at 90 deg. from normal. I have not figured out why that is. I have saved them to a PC, rotated and saved them again, then tried to post them, but they always seem to rotate themselves again. And have officially given up, I might add!  n~ Steve   
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Billy Fields

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 12:22:31 PM »
Enya .29 should run ok on a 10-5 or so, and the Veco .61 would run on a 12-6. All these old engines should be run with a good amount of castor oil in the fuel, or they will eat themselves sooner, rather than later. For the three, I'd suggest one formula that would work for all would be 10% nitro with at least 20% castor oil, with a total oil of 25% or more. This sort of fuel is not so easy to get anymore. Previously, I'd have suggested SIG fuel, but SIG fuel availability looks to be limited at present, and we're not sure if that will improve or not. What else you can get depends on where you live.
Along with a good hot glowplug (short reach for the .15, long reach for the .29 an .61, idle bar suggested), and battery.

Photos must be below 1,000 kb to post. It is not difficult to attain decent photos under 100kb. Something between 600 and 900 pixels wide, while preserving the original aspect ratio usually works ok. Lots of folks simply resize until they reach the kb limit, but end up with a tiny picture that is totally useless. You need to resize AND compress to do a good job.

Unfortunately, lots of folks just use cell phones and the pictures seem to insist on posting at 90 deg. from normal. I have not figured out why that is. I have saved them to a PC, rotated and saved them again, then tried to post them, but they always seem to rotate themselves again. And have officially given up, I might add!  n~ Steve
  All I have right now is some Cox fuel. Not sure what the mix is. There is a Hobby town about a half hour away  that has the fuel with 20% oil 10% nitro.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 04:08:15 PM »
In the OLD DAYS, Cox fuel was 20% castor oil....but can't say what the content would be on NEW Cox fuel. The one thing I would be certain of, is that some components would no doubt cause cancer in the state of California! But don't worry about that, because I've done this stuff for over 60 years, and I'm fine!  ;)  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here