News:

• May 20, 2024, 04:43:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Testors McCoy video  (Read 639 times)

Offline philip metzner

• chevyiron420
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Testors McCoy video
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »
Can anyone recognize the glow head in the video? It aint a testors. It makes me think there is a interchangeable head out there for the testors McCoy.

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: Testors McCoy video
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »
          It looks to me like someone made a head button for a Nelson plug. It also appears to be leaking around the base of the plug. I'm actually surprised it can draw fuel with the tank so low. Ken

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 03:10:08 AM »
Hello Ken,
  My sight has deteriorated over the last few weeks (need an op!). Are you sure that it is a Nelson plug, it looks like a normal plug to me, although eyesight may be telling porkies. Agree that it looks like a home brewed head for Nelson/normal plug.  You are right about the tank height, you live and learn!

Regards,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline philip metzner

• chevyiron420
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 03:50:21 AM »
It looks like a K&B stallion 049 glow head to me. Mecoa sells em and there is a picture in there gloe plug section. It would be great if someone had an old one they could try and see if it fit.

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 04:51:54 AM »
           Phillip, I don't have any K&B plugs, I do agree with your findings. Certainly looks K&B to me.  At first glance looked somewhat like a Nelson, the top of the plugs is rounded though and Nelson plugs are not in that shape. Ken

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 11:20:02 AM »
I have two Testors McCoy .049's in my junk box, and one has that same head, and the other one has the other head. The one that has that kind of head also has a gear on it which makes me think it was in a car at some time. Anyway, that is a stock head. It is hard to tell from the video, but the head and plug are one piece like the other glow head. I think the fuel bubbling around the hex part is just residual probably from the venture.
Jim Kraft

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here