News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:04:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Force Engines  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Christopher Root

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander

Offline Christopher Root

• Commander
Re: Force Engines
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 09:07:53 AM »
P.S. What ever happens to OPS, Cipolla, Picco, or Nova Rossi engines?

Online Massimo Rimoldi

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 09:19:11 AM »
P.S. What ever happens to OPS, Cipolla, Picco, or Nova Rossi engines?

Picco still produces the .21 CAR engines.
The others are gone .....

Massimo

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 02:31:05 PM »
I think we should call up Force in Taiwan and ask them to make a rear exhaust version of that .52. It looks pretty cool in black.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 02:40:25 PM »
Is this another Tim Just enterprise?

It looks like it has a hexagonal cylinder.  I don't think that's a good idea.  Call me old fashioned, but give me a round cylinder.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 03:28:26 PM »
At one time, Just Engines was the place to get the Magnums and ASP engines, as well as parts.  If these Force engines are a duplicate of those older Magnum and ASP engines, they should be good to go for CL use with the proper venturi.  The timing on the Magnums and ASP engines does not need to be changed for CL use.

I have the ASP 46 and 52.  Good runners and fuel efficient.

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 06:51:44 PM »
Is this another Tim Just enterprise?

It looks like it has a hexagonal cylinder.  I don't think that's a good idea.  Call me old fashioned, but give me a round cylinder.

Times two Howard! ;D

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 07:16:46 PM »
 LL~  Round pistons are best!

FWIW, those are 99% likely made in PRC, not Taiwan. They put whatever brand name on them the importer requests. IIRC, in England there was a different name, but can't recall what it was. "Flair" or something silly. Here, we got "Magnums" and some ASP engines...same thing, different name. Quality is generally ok, but one Magnum XLS .36 was found to have two head gaskets. When the extra was removed, the piston hit the head. And something like a Fox, if you don't be careful installing the backplate, it might develop a bind. Doesn't make them bad, tho.   H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 08:08:01 PM »
The Magnum engines were made in Taiwan from the factory that made Thunder Tiger.

A story that I was told some years ago was that when the Taiwan company wanted to enter the market, the US distributor that they selected was concerned about possible confusion between Thunder Tiger and Super Tigre so they changed the brand to Magnum.

In Australia, I have seen both Magnum and Thunder Tiger and all the model names were the same.

About the time that Tower cleared the Tower 40, I found the company in Taiwan. It was actually a sewing machine manufacturer.

For an order of 1,000 units, they would make the 40 for anybody.

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 06:33:03 PM »
The Magnum engines were made in Taiwan from the factory that made Thunder Tiger.

A story that I was told some years ago was that when the Taiwan company wanted to enter the market, the US distributor that they selected was concerned about possible confusion between Thunder Tiger and Super Tigre so they changed the brand to Magnum.

In Australia, I have seen both Magnum and Thunder Tiger and all the model names were the same.

About the time that Tower cleared the Tower 40, I found the company in Taiwan. It was actually a sewing machine manufacturer.

For an order of 1,000 units, they would make the 40 for anybody.

Only the early magnums were made in Taiwan Most of the many models were made in China. (China is stamped right on the crankcase if you doubt) That plant in China is now closed. The magnum brand was created for "Hobby Shack", later called "Hobby People". They made literally the identical engines for the European and World market with the ASP logo on the case. Both Magnum and ASP versions were also sold by "Just Engines" in UK. Tower had their own logo branded engines and the majority of those were made in Taiwan with a couple exceptions made in China. Evolution engines were also made in the same plant in China under agreement with Horizon hobby. Most of the "Thunder Tiger" branded engines were made in Taiwan. The plant in China was forced out of business when the Communists violated the long standing agreement with Hong Kong to let it conduct free trade, etc.
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here