News:

• May 05, 2024, 01:54:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Royal 46  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Tok Flyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Royal 46
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:05:52 AM »
I have a new Royal 46  will this have the power I need for a Super Chief? Or should I look for something larger?
Thanks
R.Davis
Richard  Davis

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Royal 46
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:26:49 PM »
I have a new Royal 46  will this have the power I need for a Super Chief? Or should I look for something larger?
Thanks
R.Davis

Yes  it will have  more than enough  power

Randy

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 03:39:28 PM »
I suspect that an out of the box Royal 46 should pull its wings off.  If you've got one that's been "stunt modified" it should still have more than adequate power.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »
They were  ALL  RC  version.  so  most all of them  are  Modified for  stunt. i myself  did  many hundreds of these  plus  the  MAGNUM FSR clones  that were  made at the  same  time  by  Thunder Tiger  in taiwan

Randy

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 05:45:48 PM »
They were  ALL  RC  version.  so  most all of them  are  Modified for  stunt. i myself  did  many hundreds of these  plus  the  MAGNUM FSR clones  that were  made at the  same  time  by  Thunder Tiger  in taiwan

Randy

Sorry -- I didn't mean turning a venturi, I meant carving up the liner.

How do they compare to the 46LA?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 06:44:38 PM »
Sorry -- I didn't mean turning a venturi, I meant carving up the liner.

How do they compare to the 46LA?

They have much more power than a LA 46, they are  dual ball bearing engines  and  they can make  more power than a ST 60
Plus they can be setup to run  a  4  to 6 pitch prop in a stunt run,  A 12 x 5 3 blade  worked fantastic on them, with a 9500  rpm  launch
and runs a strong  4/2  with more drive  than a  ST 60

There was  also much much more than turning a venturi to make optimum for stunt

Randy

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 11:35:30 PM »
Just gave it another airing . 15 / 9-9- /77 fuel .
First flight was a L e a n BURN , left the kneedle .  :-[ bogged and stopped , fairly toasty .  :-X
1/2 turn out , as youd exopect , Pretty much right . Pretty solid 4 into pulling even past half hight .
Next flight , 2 clicks in . 5.0 laps .
Smooth and competant . told it was ' differant ' & ' not a Fire Cracker , by the head honcho at the handle , then there .
Very smooth from outta the ciocle .

12 x 6 thinned . Brodak 6 Oz. adequate . First back swing it lights up . Will go back to the 10 % Nitro to drop it past 5.0 laps .
Seemed just as sound on that last week . thought Id see if it broadened the needle . 3 1/2 open for the 15 , 3 for the 10 .4 m.m.
 OS 40 N V A .

Hauling 76 Oz of Holy Cow , Batman . By Jeeves .This is the Royal ABC clone on the 351 intake . Bog Stock , even std. head shim .
Olde Aeromuddler Mag , 82 W/Champs . seems the Chinese used them , best was 2nd. / Silver medal .the OS FS 45 the R's cloned from .
So it seems they might have potential.

Sat steady throughout the run today . a first for the 1/2 doz. engines ive tried in it. But uncowled . mild weather , hardly a breath of wind .

Think not cross drilling the case , side mount , NVA in venturie  at outside tank edge would have a killer run.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 11:42:03 PM »
A pitcher , just to see it is the same donkey . will throw a installed picture on before long .

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 02:38:36 PM »
A pitcher , just to see it is the same donkey . will throw a installed picture on before long .

JUst  FYI

Thunder Tiger  made  all these  in  Taiwan
Magnum  40 and  45  and  46  2 piece case  FSR clone
Royal  40 and  45  2 piece case  FSR clone
Royal 46 SF  Clone 1 piece case
46 and  45 2 piece case  Heli motor  FSR clane
Heli 46 Royal  1 piece case

all of these  could be  and still  are  great stunt  engines.,  I am doing  4 of them right now

Randy

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 08:18:20 PM »
Heres the Great Royal 46 , still. despite the lean run. Magnum 25 was a touch lean , first flight first time I ran it . A further 10 gallons through it ,
so theyre pretty tough .

Heres the 45 , As Flown . Ive seen one or two pictures of FSR 46s, or stamped 46 , the bolt on front ones, reverseable exhaust if you leave the rod front at the front .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 08:21:19 PM »
One showing the case drilled for the 4 m.m. spray bar . Runs well enough to justify fitting one of Mr Smiths P.A. needle valve assemblies .

p.s. in my first endevours at cinematographic excellelance , I got it on film. Some of it . the Tricky parts anyway , so you can wait to be enthralled
untill I post it . In a Few WEEKS . Or My Bro. does , when I next get over there . on you toob . Sq. 8 thru Hourglasss , but 3 clicks lean ,
so not dropping deep into the four stroke on film .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 03:11:54 AM »
Motion pictures in vivid tecnicolour.

The Pilot Theres first time at the handle , roped in at short notice. As was the camera man . My first ( intentional ) attempt at Cinamatography . on a digital  telephone .

Then the storage went awol.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:37:21 AM by Matt Spencer »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here