News:

• May 20, 2024, 09:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tongue Muffler for Enya .29 - .35  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Tongue Muffler for Enya .29 - .35
« on: November 18, 2015, 04:01:13 PM »
Brodak has strap on Big Art Adamisin's Tongue Mufflers for Enya 35s now!

http://brodak.com/tongue-muffler-for-enya-29-35.html
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline Larrys4227

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
Re: Tongue Muffler for Enya .29 - .35
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:22:34 PM »
I just got a brand new Enya 29-V 5225 .... stock muffler is alittle long in the tooth to mount on a profile.

I'll have to keep this in mind .... thanks for posting it!

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 09:07:14 AM »
That's neat. Who makes a strap on muffler for a four bolt head Fox .35?  D>K

We could make one in your shop this winter. I think I have all the materials now.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 09:36:01 AM »
Leonard Neumann used to offer a tongue muffler for the 5224 Enya that did not use a strap. Simple remedy was a muffler that had the bolts go through the edge of the muffler into the exhaust dimples. Yes you had to drill those 2 little dimples and thread them. I got 2 of them and sadly there were no more when I went back for them. I still use the 2 that I have and wonder why one of our providers wouldn't make one for you on an as needed basis.
I can post a picture if anyone needs to see what it looks like. A tongue muffler with 2 holes in it.

Dennis

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 05:43:54 PM »
Leonard Neumann used to offer a tongue muffler for the 5224 Enya that did not use a strap. Simple remedy was a muffler that had the bolts go through the edge of the muffler into the exhaust dimples. Yes you had to drill those 2 little dimples and thread them. I got 2 of them and sadly there were no more when I went back for them. I still use the 2 that I have and wonder why one of our providers wouldn't make one for you on an as needed basis.
I can post a picture if anyone needs to see what it looks like. A tongue muffler with 2 holes in it.

Dennis

I think they are the same spacing as the OS 30 35 S   1.25 inches, I have tongue and tube mufflers  that will bolt on  with that span, many drill the motors to use a bolt on, many OS 30  35 S engines have been drilled thru to use a bolt on

Randy

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 08:27:02 AM »
I think they are the same spacing as the OS 30 35 S   1.25 inches, I have tongue and tube mufflers  that will bolt on  with that span, many drill the motors to use a bolt on, many OS 30  35 S engines have been drilled thru to use a bolt on

Randy

Randy,

So you drill completely though so the threads are on the muffler rather than drill and tap the case?
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 10:25:06 AM »
Randy,

So you drill completely though so the threads are on the muffler rather than drill and tap the case?

Bill,

In a word no. the Enya case isn't cast with ears rather 2 dimples in exhaust are drilled. also you have to make sure that you don't drill through the case. It isn't hard to do but I wouldn't recommend that you use a hand drill for the job. tap the holes for 4/40 bolts.

Dennis

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 04:41:43 PM »
Randy,

Hi Bill  YES  on the  30 and 35S  some of them had holes drilled and tapped on the inside of the exhaust, you drill  "STRAIGHT" thru and out the back side to clear a 4-40,  this makes it so you can install the bolts from the back side like you do on a FP  or LA, you will need to use a mill or dremel tool and make small flats on the back side. pretty simple to do.

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here