News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enya 15 IV carberator  (Read 668 times)

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Enya 15 IV carberator
« on: May 03, 2022, 06:48:44 AM »
My brother bought a used Enya 15 - IV off the bay.  We were going to wire it with the throttle almost totally open. However, strange thing - there is no place on the needle or the venturi to feed fuel. Any thoughts about how to fix that without getting a new NVA.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Enya 15 IV carberator
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 08:40:23 AM »
  I need to see a picture of this, either posted here or sent to my email address. Something may be broken off, or missing all together. If you get this solved or by installing another carb, you really don't want to have the carb fully open anyway. An R/C carb with the throttle open has a throat that is way larger than a typical C/L venturi with a spray bar through it. Close the throttle to at least 4/4 open, maybe even a bit less, and then adjust the needle as if it was a C'L venturi. You will get better runs, as the smaller opening compensates for air leaking around barrel and such. You may have to play with this setting until you find a sweet spot.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
   dpmcenthusiast at aol dot com
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 07:10:52 PM »
Here is the engine that doesn't have the nipple on the RC throttle.

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 08:15:16 PM »
You are missing the nipple on the spraybar assembly. It is on the same side as the needle. You can see a hole in the larger, external portion of the spraybar. It goes right there. I would think that these are soldered in, not threaded in, but I don't have one in front of me to be sure. You could always try putting another commercial nipple in, even if you had to silver solder it in. It may take some finesse to avoid your scenario of avoiding buying a new spraybar assembly.

All the engines in this series that I know of are iron piston, steel sleeve. You need to account for that when you pick your fuel so that there is sufficient oil. Only the later SS-BB Enya engines are ABC.

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 08:10:11 PM »
Well, it is fixed.  Robbed Peter (an Enya 09) to pay Paul (Enya 15).  Problem solved.  Now we will have to test it.  Thanks for your advice.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here