Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Engine seemingly going richer throughout flight?

<< < (5/5)

John Skukalek:
Thanks again for your input Dave

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: John Skukalek on April 25, 2024, 09:04:21 AM ---OK. So your uniflow line is fixed inside of a metal tank? I am looking for a 4-4-4 or 4-2-4 stunt run with mostly 46la’s and Brodak 40’s and am just learning. With my set up I do get 10-12 lean laps at the end after the pattern is complete. My fixed uniflow line is bent to angle to the outboard wall of the tank and i have had some luck twisting it to move the end up or down to get even runs right side up and upside down. The method you described, sounds better and simpler, but I would have to start making tanks

--- End quote ---

Try shimming the back end of your tank out about 1/8" if it's a profile, or as much as you can if it's a full bodied model. If you have your airplane flying in any kind of yaw to the outside of the circle, and the tank is flat against the fuselage, as the fuel load runs down at the end, centrifugal force will make fuel run forward and away from the pick up and it will tease you lean like that. Plastic or metal tank. If the fuselage is skewed out, then the tank will be also and the front will be further out than the back. The fuel load will go where it is pushed by CF.

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

John Skukalek:
That makes sense Dan. I will try the shimming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version