Engine basics > Engine set up tips

Engine get tight when prop nut is tightned.

(1/4) > >>

frank mccune:
             Hello All:

Whenever I tighten the prop nut, my engine, it becomes very tight and difficult to turn.  The engine is a HP .40 Silver Star.   I have 6 other HP .40 engines that I have,  do not do this.  What is wrong? I can not see any difference in the way that these engines are assembled.

Suggestions/comments?

Tia,

Frank McCune

RandySmith:

--- Quote from: frank mccune on March 28, 2020, 04:35:49 PM ---             Hello All:

Whenever I tighten the prop nut, my engine, it becomes very tight and difficult to turn.  The engine is a HP .40 Silver Star.   I have 6 other HP .40 engines that I have,  do not do this.  What is wrong? I can not see any difference in the way that these engines are assembled.

Suggestions/comments?

Tia,

Frank McCune

--- End quote ---

Frank
you have a bearing that is not in properly, or not seated, OR  you have a collet on the front that is not  pushed all the way back to touch the inside race of the  front  bearing, most likely 1 of the 2

Randy

Istvan Travnik:
Yes the HP-40's used to have some .4 or .5mm  thick brass washer behind the front ball bearing.

RandySmith:

--- Quote from: frank mccune on March 28, 2020, 04:35:49 PM ---             Hello All:

Suggestions/comments?

Tia,

Frank McCune

--- End quote ---

Is this engine  recently, just  put back  together ?

Randy

John Leidle:
  Agreeing W/Randy about the botched collet syndrome,  I've improperly  done this .
  John L.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version