News:

• May 12, 2024, 05:11:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RSM Prop untouched in perfect balance.  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Phil Goldberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
  • Just completed this PDK Buster 45
RSM Prop untouched in perfect balance.
« on: August 16, 2015, 04:55:03 PM »
I purchased a new 10 x 6 prop from RSM.  As soon as I unpacked it I put it on the Dubro prop balancer and found it to be in perfect balance.  I can put the prop in any position of the clock and it stays put.  I wonder if this is uncommon and I just got lucky or if RSM props come very well balanced. 

Offline George Mitchell

• Ensign
Re: RSM Prop untouched in perfect balance.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 05:30:26 PM »
I bought several props from
Eric and I think he has the
best wood props available.
George

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 06:16:58 PM »
I have several, and I don't remember having to "fix" the balance.  I use the magnetic balancer --it has zero friction.

Floyd
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:28:21 PM »
RSM's props are very nice and come balanced. At least, the only one I have run was perfect out of the pack. They are made to RSM specs, chords, pitch distributions, airfoil, etc., by XOAR in PRC. I would expect XOAR props to be similarly well made and balanced. I think there are other brands that are made by XOAR, but haven't any proof of that. Zingers are most definitely not made by XOAR!!!  VD~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here