News:

• May 22, 2024, 09:50:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What Jett is this?  (Read 1550 times)

Online Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
What Jett is this?
« on: October 24, 2016, 07:23:23 PM »
I picked up this Jett___ engine Missing a carb and I'm wondering what size engine it is.

From the bottom of the mounting lugs to the top of the head is 2.55-2.60 The bore is just shy of .0900  Wt. is somewhere around 12-12.5 oz's I guessing since It doesn't have a carb.

I tried to measure the stroke but the pinch was to much and kept pushing the sleeve up.

Anybody got any ideas?

I'm thinking about sending it to Dub, but I'll call him before I do.

Thank you, Jerry

PS: Minor detail: It has "Doyle 1" etched on the bottom.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:20:43 PM by Gerald Arana »

Offline Ken Burdick

• Captain
Re: What Jett is this?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »
sounds like a .40 from the bore but send Dubb a picture

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 03:17:17 PM »
I picked up this Jett___ engine Missing a carb and I'm wondering what size engine it is.

From the bottom of the mounting lugs to the top of the head is 2.55-2.60 The bore is just shy of .0900  Wt. is somewhere around 12-12.5 oz's I guessing since It doesn't have a carb.

I tried to measure the stroke but the pinch was to much and kept pushing the sleeve up.

Anybody got any ideas?

I'm thinking about sending it to Dub, but I'll call him before I do.

Thank you, Jerry

PS: Minor detail: It has "Doyle 1" etched on the bottom.

You will want to check with Dub or put a degree wheel on it. Dub makes a lot of different engines and the timing varies a lot from stunt to sport R/C to pylon. If you put a washer or spacer on a head screw and gently secure it to hold the liner down with the head off you can check the port timing, stroke, and deck clearance. :)
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Online Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 01:58:59 PM »
Hi Don,

Thank you for that info. Didn't think about locking the sleeve down! Good idea, but I've decided to send it to Dub (after emailing him) and see what it really was made for.

I have to tell him exactly what I want to do and I'll get 'round to it one of these days.

Cheers, Jerry

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 09:47:59 PM »
If that's an aluminum sleeve, I wouldn't screw washers down to hold the sleeve. Just put the head on then turn it to TDC then take the head off and measure. Or, you can measure stroke off the crank pin.

MM

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here