News:

• May 12, 2024, 07:53:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: tank help  (Read 1521 times)

Offline jason Pearson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
tank help
« on: January 07, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »
I have a Ringmster with a Fox 35 on it and need to know what is the best tank to get in the little space. I dont want to buy a bunch of tanks to find the one i need so thank you for the help .

Online Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: tank help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 05:23:51 PM »
If you're not uptight about looks, put a tank on the inboard side.  You'll have lots of room, and centrifugal feed to the engine.

I've never tried it -- I'm uptight about looks.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline jason Pearson

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 05:25:50 PM »
Its all about looks to me . I want it on the outside . polished and looking good ,

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
I might be out of date but Brodak had/has a line of nice looking tanks.  Find something there around 3-3 1/2 ounces.  Profile tanks tend to be taller vertically to cram more capacity into a smaller space.  Look at their website. I've seen the tanks in the old Muncie Hobby Shop so I know they exist.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
I recommend the RSM "Snub Nosed Uniflow" style tanks. They are designed for short nosed planes like Ringmasters and Flight Streaks and can be purchased directly from the web site "rsmdistribution(dot)com. 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:38:34 PM »
Jason, my Ringmaster uses the Brodak uniflow profile tank—the one with the vent and fuel pickup tubes coming out the top. The only down side is the fuel pickup on the top which puts the needle underneath. That's fine for providing some protection in the event of a controlled flight into terrain but it makes the needle a little difficult to adjust—especially with the needle position of the Fox.

Offline Akihiro Danjo

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:32:19 AM »
I use OK Model 80cc tank because my S-1 is powered by OS FP20. Fox will need 3.5-4oz tank.
It seems that somehow it may be possible to use Sullivan Slant 4oz tank (see pic).
The FP20 is installed on rear end of the engine mount.

Aki  

Offline GregArdill

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
Why don't you make one that fits into the space you have available?

That way you can control the amount of fuel you carry and the configuration of the tank - whether you want atmo or uniflow.

Simples

Greg

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here