News:

• June 16, 2024, 09:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fox 60 Ceramic  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Mike Wada

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Fox 60 Ceramic
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »

Has anyone had some flying experience with the Fox 60 Ceramic engine?  I would appreciate hearing your comments.

Aloha,

Mike Wada:)
Mike Wada
AMA 512393

Offline Russ Main

• 2016 supporter
  • Ensign
Re: Fox 60 Ceramic
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »
I would like to hear more about this engine too. My brother told me about it and he wants me to try it and see what I think. I plan to but one soon so if no one else posts anything I hope to up date you soon.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:28:15 AM »
I would like to hear more about this engine too. My brother told me about it and he wants me to try it and see what I think. I plan to but one soon so if no one else posts anything I hope to up date you soon.

From the website:

"On one test flight we did a loop and tore the wings off the plane. We thought we'd better drop the lines to save the engine but we felt the lines pull hard. Well, we continued to fly the plane with no wings until the fuel ran out. This ceramic engine has some serious torque. "

They are willing to insult our intelligence to this degree, and you really want to send them a large amount of money?? 

Brett

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 08:44:57 PM »
Ty,

Slight opinion difference: AFTER Duke left the scene, I noticed some improved factory QC...

(2) Many fliers spoiled by the plug'n'play AB? engines don't have the finesse to get a Fox engine going - IMHO. What I've found over the past half-century+, is that Fox engines work, do what is expected of them, if you learn how to coax them in. NOT claiming they are the world's ultimate, but that they CAN be dependable, long-lasting power - given that their range of ability is understood. It is often ample...

Haven't yet run an ABC-Upper or ceramic Fox, but expect that the "family heritage" factor would apply to those, too.

(Subject to empirical change, which will/would be reported honestly.)
\BEST\LOU

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 12:28:07 AM »
Ty,

Slight opinion difference: AFTER Duke left the scene, I noticed some improved factory QC...

(2) Many fliers spoiled by the plug'n'play AB? engines don't have the finesse to get a Fox engine going - IMHO. What I've found over the past half-century+, is that Fox engines work, do what is expected of them, if you learn how to coax them in. NOT claiming they are the world's ultimate, but that they CAN be dependable, long-lasting power - given that their range of ability is understood. It is often ample...

Haven't yet run an ABC-Upper or ceramic Fox, but expect that the "family heritage" factor would apply to those, too.

(Subject to empirical change, which will/would be reported honestly.)

Lou,
In the 50's we coaxed engines to perform. Somewhere along the line CNC machinery and improved metallurgy came along. Duke Fox chose to remain in the past and the market passed him by.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here