News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:25:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak .25 head picture  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Arnaldo

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Brodak .25 head picture
« on: August 17, 2019, 06:37:46 AM »
Hi all,

I bought used a Brodak 25 engine and when it arrived I discovered it was modified to Racing. Someone can give me a picture of the Original head and may be also some measure to make that on lathe?

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks
Arnaldo

Offline Arnaldo

• 24 supporter
  • Ensign
Re: Brodak .25 head picture
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 09:05:17 AM »
Hi
thanks for reply. The other problem is that they used a button head with Nelson Plug.... and I would like to use a standard 1/4x32 glow plug.

Regards
Arnaldo

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 11:53:31 PM »
Hi
thanks for reply. The other problem is that they used a button head with Nelson Plug.... and I would like to use a standard 1/4x32 glow plug.

Regards
Arnaldo
Brodak has the std head in stock: https://brodak.com/catalog/product/view/id/2173/s/brodak-25-head/category/1088/
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Offline Arnaldo

• 24 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 06:31:57 AM »
Hi Don,

thanks for your reply. I know that Brodak sells the B.25 head, but for me that live in Italy, could be quite expensive buy that from them. May be the shipment willl be more than head price.

Thanks again
Arnaldo

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »
Hi Don,

thanks for your reply. I know that Brodak sells the B.25 head, but for me that live in Italy, could be quite expensive buy that from them. May be the shipment willl be more than head price.

Thanks again
Arnaldo

Arnaldo, from the US we can ship a ~4 x 6in(100 x 159mm) padded evelope with an ounce in it for about $4US dollars as a First Class Mail package.
phil Cartier

Offline Arnaldo

• 24 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 06:28:57 AM »
Hello Phil,

thanks for the info.
Arnaldo

Offline Arnaldo

• 24 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 02:43:51 AM »
Hi Motorman

I see the new head button( have head separated from flange) and I think according to others engines with the same bore, like a 25 LA for example, the combustion chamber is smaller with more squish band.

Fortunally I have the tap for glow plug 1/4 x 32  :)

I can made a new one, but to be more precise I need a picture and some measurements.

Thanks
Arnaldo

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »
Hi Arnaldo,

You may want to check out Nelson glow plugs, if you have a head button that takes them.

From everything I've read they are excellent plugs, still available, inexpensive, and last forever! I use them in a few 1cc engines, and have never had one fail.

Several internet vendors still offer them, and your likely to find one that ships to your country.

Best regards,

Bill

Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 07:21:40 PM »
I think you want to try it as it is Arnaldo . Sounds like the typical stunt ' Hemi ' head modification / set up . Likely better run than stock .

Chuck a ad in clasifieds here for a head , youd likely get one for free or on a trade . Can you post pictures, here .

Heres a Broak 15 head , picture .from http://flyinglines.org/kb.geezerclown.html

Heres a typical ' big chamber ' stunt head on the left .. the squish band is said to be at 5 deg.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »
There are many European and eastern manufactures of glow engines designed for the Nelson plug. They are cheap and readily available in Europe

Not to be mfg again, the Merlin Nelson TYPE glow plugs used standard fastener 1/4" size vs the larger true Nelson at  3/8" ...I believe Jett has a limited supply of the Merlin version still in stock

I Like $5 Nelson plugs but the 3/8" body makes most all glow ignitors worthless without a clothes pin clip
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here