News:

• May 13, 2024, 02:20:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AP .09 disassembly  (Read 472 times)

Offline jim gilmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
AP .09 disassembly
« on: March 17, 2009, 04:01:20 PM »
I now have the AP .09 but for the life Of me I'm not sure how to remove the muffler.
Also it was suggested I disassemble it and clean it. But was wondering what is best to clean it in  that will not hurt and parts that I might get wet with the cleaing material I use ? I do not want to disolve any gaskets or o rings. Any suggestions ?

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
Re: AP .09 disassembly
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:33:32 PM »
Can't help you with the muffler removal, but you can use several different solvents to clean your engine.

Acetone, mineral spirits, kerosene,  or even model airplane fuel should work.

I'd remove the back plate and head, soak the engine and those parts in the solvent for a few minutes, and then swish the engine around to flush out anything that's loosened. Do this in a glass jar with a tightly fitting lid, and watch for crud to settle to the bottom. Repeat with clean solvent, until no more crud settles.

When your satisfied that no more curd is being loosened, drain the engine and parts on a paper towel or clean rag, and then blow it out with canned air, or blasts of air from a tire pump, or rubber squeeze bulb. Be sure to wear safety glasses. Lube the engine inside and out when finished.

Let us know how it goes.

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
Re: AP .09 disassembly
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »
Thank you for your answer. I did find out that the muffler just screws off. I did ave to grab the knurled exhause pipe with a pair of linemens pliers to give greater leverage and it unscrewed.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here