News:

• May 14, 2024, 12:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: evo 36 hump  (Read 607 times)

Offline Mike Greb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
evo 36 hump
« on: January 15, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »
Time to make that ugly hump on the evo 36 to go away.

Tom Vieira

Re: evo 36 hump
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 12:48:13 PM »
out of curiosity, what's the weight difference?

Offline Mike Greb

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 02:22:54 PM »
Did not weigh it,  just wanted to take some of the ugly off.

This is the rc motor that I ran on a profile model.  I liked my setup better than the dedicated cl motor.

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 11:23:25 PM »
MG,

Do you like the run you are getting with your setup? Can you share some details?

I have tried two different engines in an OPP (Other People's Plane) that did not run well at all. I believe much of that is the unfortunate motor mount and tank installation, so am still collecting ideas on when/whether to try the Evil 36's again in something else.

For those with Evofrustration, I would observe that the critical dimensions of the OS 35AX are the same. The only mod I needed to make was to enlarge the glow plug access hole, since the Evil has a rearward slant and the OS does not. And, since it offends you, I further note that the AX has a "coffin-head" instead of a "bump."

Dave

Offline Mike Greb

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 08:06:54 AM »
It has as been a long time ago that these motors have been run, so some of the details have been lost to memory.  One important thing is the relationship from uniflow vent to needle valve location.  I like to have my needle valve positioned similar to the outboard position on a Fox mk 4 combat special, that results in a venturi  like shown in these pictures.  In my Hayes tank thread I have a picture of my sport setup. that setup runs pretty much where the needle is set on the ground. The same model and tank with motors with needle valves in a more conventional  position require the needle to be set quite rich or the motor goes lean in the air

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here