News:

• April 18, 2024, 08:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aldrich GMA Custom Engines  (Read 541 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Aldrich GMA Custom Engines
« on: February 24, 2023, 11:30:40 AM »
   I was going through some of my Fox stuff, and ran across an Fox.35 Stunt and some engraving on it
 caught my eye. On the front of the head it says "Aldrich Custom" or "GMA Custom"  (I forget since I have come up from the basement!!) on the right side mounting lug, and on the side flat, it say "W Brownell" so I think I picked this up out of Walt's stuff when we cleared out his basement for his daughter. And on the side of the left side mounting lug is says "GMA Custom" again.

Anyone familiar with what George's treatments were for these, just so I know? I know George could do chroming on the bore of the cylinder, and after taking the head off, that is what it looks like. I can still see some cross hatch from a hone in the bore. It was set up with a Super Tigre needle valve assembly. Crank shaft looked stock, head and back plate were stock. I don't think the by pass was stuffed.  So, was chroming the liner and fitting the piston the only typical work George performed on Fox .35 Custom engines?

Thanks in advance,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here