News:

• June 16, 2024, 08:29:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: McCoy .35 Red Head, NVA?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
McCoy .35 Red Head, NVA?
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
Probably should place this in the Classifised?

McCoy .35 red heads, are guys replacing the NVA or buying repros?

What to use and where to get it?

Thanks in advance.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
Re: McCoy .35 Red Head, NVA?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »
I have replaced McCoy NVA with Super Tigre NVA.  Work fine.  The McCoy needle is 2-56 thread, as were a number of needles of the time.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
I have replaced McCoy NVA with Super Tigre NVA.  Work fine.  The McCoy needle is 2-56 thread, as were a number of needles of the time.

JIm,

Continue to use the same McCoy bar assembly and just replace the needle? Correct?

What about tongue mufflers? Obviously with straps.

Anyone making nice ones?

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline John Craig

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 02:37:37 PM »
The PA needle valve assemblies are very nice.  Randy has them to fit most engines.

http://www.aeroproduct.net/       ( engines & accessories )

Offline Timothy Payne

• Mr Payne
  • Lieutenant
  • Classic Racer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 09:51:50 AM »
A modern Fox 40 needle valve (barrel-shaped with a rubber washer sealing valve) worked for me on my 29 redhead. - Just make sure you have a washer in before the nut on the end of the spraybar!

Eventually however I reverted back to an original McCoy setup, as the fuel nipple on the Fox spraybar was a tad inaccessible.

Tim

(Other spraybars that will fit are K@B and PAW.)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 10:45:55 AM »
I've been trying to get a photo of the replacment NVA, or optrions that are used, for the McCoy 35 red head.

I really don't want a large hole in the side of the fuselage for how the McCoy NVA is made.

Does anyone have a photo of your replacement NVA that you're using on the McCoy?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here