News:

• June 16, 2024, 02:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OS 32F ABC  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Bill Hodges

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
OS 32F ABC
« on: March 22, 2012, 02:23:14 PM »
I was going through one of my storage cabinets today and came across an OS 32F ABC engine that I got at a swap meet a few years back.  I have no experience with this engine.  Can anyone tell me if it would make a viable stunt engine for use on an OTS airplane (a Barnstormer)?  It looks to be almost brand new.

It has the stock OS NVA in it and has two venturis.  Both are .255 ID.  One is 9/16" tall and the other is 7/8" tall (not including the part that goes down into the engine block).

Anybody have any advice for me concerning this engine?

Bill Hodges

Bill Hodges
AMA 12450

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: OS 32F ABC
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »
I was going through one of my storage cabinets today and came across an OS 32F ABC engine that I got at a swap meet a few years back.  I have no experience with this engine.  Can anyone tell me if it would make a viable stunt engine for use on an OTS airplane (a Barnstormer)?  It looks to be almost brand new.

It has the stock OS NVA in it and has two venturis.  Both are .255 ID.  One is 9/16" tall and the other is 7/8" tall (not including the part that goes down into the engine block).

Anybody have any advice for me concerning this engine?

Bill Hodges

I setup a lot of those for stunt flyers years back, I can tell you if you are to try to run it as is..converted by someone. you would want to run a high RPM type run with maybe a 10.5 x 4.5 prop
or there about in that range
Randy

Offline Bill Hodges

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 04:59:01 PM »
Thanks Randy.  I have a 10.5 x 4.5 in my prop box.  I think I will mount the engine in my test stand and see what happens.  

Would Powermaster 10-22 (half castor, half synthetic) be OK to run in it?

Bill
Bill Hodges
AMA 12450

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:29 PM »
Thanks Randy.  I have a 10.5 x 4.5 in my prop box.  I think I will mount the engine in my test stand and see what happens.  

Would Powermaster 10-22 (half castor, half synthetic) be OK to run in it?

Bill

Yes that would work for you

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here